Old Roan Chase

davidjohnson

At the Start
Can one of you jumps experts explain to me why Albertas Run is running off 168 and Tartak is off 153 tomorrow? Given he had just over 5l in hand over him over course and distance on their last starts is strikes me that the handicapper has taken a little bit of a chance on Tartak.

I also note Tartak can currently be backed at 3/1. Can someone tell me why he isn't 11/8?

Tartak is a thief, DJ. :D

Albertas Run hard for me to get away from and Paddy Power are taking a chance at 7/2, imo. Ground, track and trip will be ideal, as is the small field. I don't think any of the rest of them are particularly well handicapped, and I'll take Hemmings horse to give the weight away.

Watching the Melling again, I would have to have pretty serious questions about Tartak's attitude.

Is the muppitt responsible for the Timeform free analysis from the North Coast by any chance, Rory?

The Heart of The Glens, which is, incidentally, a damn fine name for a horse.

A damn fine effort ~ remember you intimating at some stage in the past about calling slips "dockets" and the North Coast (a fine area which has produced both my mother and two of my former girl friends...) was the first place that sprung to mind!

Last edited:
A damn fine effort ~ remember you intimating at some stage in the past about calling slips "dockets" and the North Coast (a fine area which has produced both my mother and two of my former girl friends...) was the first place that sprung to mind!

One of the best named pubs I've seen is one near the Europa Hotel in Belfast next door to a bookies called The Beaten Docket - also a top notch name for a horse, gaps or no.

Back