One bet for today to beat the post-Cheltenham blues

BennyB

Senior Jockey
Usually like to have a decent go on something the day after chelters.

Erring towards Tryster in the winter derby. What's everyone's nap for today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Usually like to have a decent go on something the day after chelters.

Erring towards Tryster in the winter derby. What's everyone's nap for today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Winter derby????? Ban this dude! JJ wins the nash

I like Jonjo's also and probably would be my nap of the day, I also had an ew on Handazan in the Silver Plate, missed getting into the Pertemps by a lb and I think that was down to the jockey easing off too much when he realised he had qualified (only 6 finishers), he beat No No Mac in the race before the qualifier and that one has since franked the form, and also re-opposes today, the Martin horse for obvious reasons being well backed.

What post-Cheltenham blues??

it was a sensational meeting. Not necessarily from a financial view but that's purely a secondary consideration next to the stellar quality of animal we've witnessed.

Goonyella for the big race today, by the way.

Lunar Deity (4.15L) beat some good markers convincingly over c/d 2 ago, and never looked comfortable up in class and down in distance latest.
11/1 best now, but still rates a solid bet, imo.

Take the 4/1 with Bet365 on Carlisle to win away at York City today.

I backed David Pipe's La Vaticane at Kempton (2:20).

I may justify the rationale for this later but first need to get over this headache/migrane/temporary relapse into psychosis after Cheltenham. :)

Last edited:
I backed David Pipe's La Vaticane at Kempton (2:20).

I may justify the rationale for this later but first need to get over this headache/migrane/temporary relapse into psychosis after Cheltenham. :)

Im on it as well with these Lucky 15 To Win
Brod Na Heireann @ 4/1 (GP)
Win or E/W
16:05 NOVICES HURDLE 2m 5f Pending

Canuspotit @ 9/2 (GP)
Win or E/W
15:30 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 4f 110y Pending

La Vaticane @ 7/1 (GP)
Win or E/W
14:20 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 5f Pending

Bladoun @ 5/1 (GP)
Win or E/W
14:05 NOVICE HANDICAP HURDLE 2m Pending

2:20 Kempton - Katgary 10/1. Back over hurdles, dropped 5lbs and Sean Bowen taking another 5lbs off.
Leap of faith needed on recent form, but this time last year on good ground he ran a cracker in the Fred Winter. Hoping Nicholls can work his magic and nail another H'Cap hurdle.

Bob Ford (15.50U) (Townend an interesting booking)
Alfonso de Sousa (15.05L) (ex O'brian horse, 2 runs since back in the UK, lto over 8 just a sharpener, looks like this is the race its here for imo)

e/w singles & doubles

Last edited:
What post-Cheltenham blues??

it was a sensational meeting. Not necessarily from a financial view but that's purely a secondary consideration next to the stellar quality of animal we've witnessed.

Goonyella for the big race today, by the way.

The words "get" and "in" spring to mind :)

Great call DO and Digger. As soon as the fav went I knew we were in!

Last edited:
Some good calls - cheers BennyB on trystar -(nice winning double with art mauresque) and cheers reet on lunar deity (2nd leg of a yankee with art mauresque)

Back