Our Connor

"He came back in on Tuesday. He's done really well and looks fantastic," said Kildare-based Hughes.
"We'll be hoping the Tipperary Hurdle in early October will be his first run of the season.
"We'll hopefully run him in that and he'll possibly run in Punchestown in November. We'll know then how we're going.
"We'll be ready for whatever comes out at Christmas then."

Makes sense, G.....they wouldn't want to be taking-on the Hurricane without at least one run under their belt.

Hurricanne's race map is pretty self explanatory.

Wonder will they take each other on x 3 pre Cheltenham

Morgiana, Leopardstown, Irish Champ hurdle

I just want HF to get to all his races in top order.

I personally couldn't give a toss about who might want to 'take him on'. The mileage is still low enough, and the form high enough, to dismiss all-comers - even those highly-touted types who've never proven themselves outside juvenile company. :p

Great thing about Cheltenham. Right after the last race all the debating starts again.

Know what you mean Harry.........Punters on a whole forget just how big a leap it is from Supreme to Champion Hurdle or Triumph to Champion Hurdle.

It's no coincidence that very few winners of either novice even go on to in a Champion Hurdle you just don't get many Persian War's t the pound.

6/1 about Hurricane Fly will look massive if Our Conor turns out to be flattered by his easy Cheltenham win.

When you see what Mullins has done with Quevega you'd need to be very brave to write off the Fly and the odds say there's more chance of OC being a dud as there is the Fly retiring.

Fearing the worst might be the way to go but Backing both OC and HF at 6/1 is something I am seriously considering.

of the 4 novices from last season prominent in the champ hurdle betting i'm more sceptical toward our conor than the rest.

if i was backing the fly again, at this points i'd worry about mtoy more than any other. i'd wager henderson will have him acting far more mature next season and hurdling better. his path pretty much mirrored darlan's as a novice and it did look like there was improvement with that horse before his untimely end at doncaster.

Back