Our Pets

They're all lovely! Had to call my colleague to say we weren't working at Lingfield today, and her five Jack Russells had dashed out of the house for a wee, and totally disappeared under 18" of snow! She said they came back, 'swimming' their way through the stuff, looking somewhat surprised. She also reported that the moles who'd been aerating their lawns had managed to produce snow mounds in the morning. A friend said they'd look like moguls for rabbits to ski over!

Last edited:
Sad to report that I had to have Skye pts yesterday morning:(

She had gone downhill over the last few months & her backend had given out to the extent that she could hardly walk but she was nearly 15 & had an excellent life so......

RIP Skye.

Sorry to hear that BW. We had our beloved 12yo lurcher, Boris, pts on Saturday. We noticed he had a huge bony enlargement on his shoulder which my Dad (a retired vet) said was a bone sarcoma - bone cancer. It is very, very quick spreading and it would have been days until it hit the lungs so we had no choice.

Its always very hard to cope with the loss of a pet - I am not good in these situations but I known what you are going through.

Always sad to hear of the loss of companions - good ages reached by both and happy lives lived, too. There isn't a companion - horse, dog, or cat - that I don't remember well and whose memories I cherish dearly. There are a couple of deceased human members of the family who are by no means so fondly recalled!

Sorry to hear about Boris Jinny,sounds terrible. No doubt you will have some good memories to ease the pain,I know we have of Skye.

Thanks Kri,although there is not many of my family members that aren't remembered fondly, I can think of a few people I have known who I didn't shed a tear for!

Back