P2P bumper at Exeter thursday

trudij

Senior Jockey
I'm confused - have any of you lot got access to the conditions for the bumper at Exeter on Thursday eve? ( 8pm) I don't understand what the criteria are for it?

Well yes, obviously that - I was thinking more of the "rules" for entry ( like sellers can be claimed from and the winner goes to public auction / claiming races are weighted according to the value the trainer puts on the horse, that kind of thing)

£5,000 guaranteed For 4-6yo which have not run under any recognised Rules of Racing and which, during the current point-to-point season and before April 15th, 2016, have, on at least one occasion, finished first, second or third in any category of maiden point-to-point chase staged in Great Britain Weights 4yo 11st 7lb; 5-6yo 11st 12lb Allowances fillies & mares 7lb Entries 30 pay £ 25

My boss has got a runner - Pyleigh Brae - she's trained by Caroline Keevil's partner, Pat Bryant. She was a promoted (but good) 2nd last time out at Ston Easton in a point to point behind a nice potential Nicholls inmate. She's a nice mare but there are a couple in there with stronger form.

Swallow is running - the reason I asked is that the boss was muttering about the sales and reserve prices, so I wasn't sure if I'd missed this being a claimer or something!! He must have been dreaming about going to the sales with it after.... ( he's certainly dreaming about the price he wants!)

(Disclaimer - he will, of course, get the price he was talking about just to rub salt into my wounds!! ( and good luck to him if he does!)

Last edited:
First 3 in a British P2P this season and not have run under Rules before - similar to the Irish ones. Also to be ridden by amateur riders.

Martin

The bit I was curious about was that the first three get a wild card entry in the sales of they want to use it. He wasn't very forthcoming the other night when he was talking to the other nurse about the race, so me and the other racingy girl here were curious what he was meaning ( as it wasn't a claimer or a seller) now it makes sense!!

Back