Paddy Power Gold Cup Chelt 12 Nov

Yeah, that's the annoying part. I read that connections were leaning towards a go at it.

Speaking to the Racing Post, Nolan said: “We have given the race plenty of consideration but due to his high rating we have decided instead to stay at home and run at Navan.
"I know we’ll have to take on the likes of Big Zeb at Navan but it’s a much smaller field and with no travel overseas involved we think it’s better for the horse at this stage of the season.”

Last edited:
I like the look of Araldur and will probably back him.

...you should.

A competitive race that will go to the one that everything is right for. I doubt that one will win this if it has a good reason not to. I don’t think anything is relatively better than the others to be able to win at a disadvantage.

Wishfull Thinking is a splendid performer but I agree he’ll have to turn it all on to win here. Mon Parrain has an obvious (and probably a favourite’s) chance despite his tender years, but will have to demonstrate he is able to slug it out with some decent types. Loosen My Load and Great Endeavour make appeal, but the one I’ve got my eye on in this is King’s horse Araldur, who just gets in to the handicap proper and will take a bit of beating, 16/1 is rare value.

Henderson is absolutely flying at the moment - Dave's Dream at 12s must have a huge chance. He was favourite for the Boylesport Gold Cup last year, and his record fto is win win win. Clearly best fresh, goes well round Cheltenham, and after a mere 13 career starts there is every chance he is still unexposed. He has the look of one who could go off single figures (he was as big as 20s earlier in the week), especially if Henderson has another winner beforehand.

Henderson is absolutely flying at the moment - Dave's Dream at 12s must have a huge chance. He was favourite for the Boylesport Gold Cup last year, and his record fto is win win win. Clearly best fresh, goes well round Cheltenham, and after a mere 13 career starts there is every chance he is still unexposed. He has the look of one who could go off single figures (he was as big as 20s earlier in the week), especially if Henderson has another winner beforehand.

Agree. Took the 20s myself, have him in an ew double with Moon Dice as well. So tonight i feel like a winner. I just dont look forward to the dissappointment tomorrow.

Hating having to back any Henderson runners ever again, but looks a pick today, dammit.

I must see a shrink about trainer/horse/betting conflicts ... or ask for help here.

HELP?!:confused::mad::(:thumbsdown::nono:

...you should.

A competitive race that will go to the one that everything is right for. I doubt that one will win this if it has a good reason not to. I don’t think anything is relatively better than the others to be able to win at a disadvantage.

Wishfull Thinking is a splendid performer but I agree he’ll have to turn it all on to win here. Mon Parrain has an obvious (and probably a favourite’s) chance despite his tender years, but will have to demonstrate he is able to slug it out with some decent types. Loosen My Load and Great Endeavour make appeal, but the one I’ve got my eye on in this is King’s horse Araldur, who just gets in to the handicap proper and will take a bit of beating, 16/1 is rare value.
I got 20s, Steve, so pleased with that as he went down to 12s at one point. On the drift now though.

Wishful Thinking would need to be something else to win this off 164. Being heavily backed - hard to see him out of the front 3/4 i guess.

Mon Parrain, Dave's dream and QE ew for me.

Quotes for the Hennessy?? LOL.

Very much a Little Josh type uninspiring winner. Mon Parrain didn't jump at all and if Wishfull Thinking was as good as he's supposed to be he'd have won the Golden Miller.

Last edited:
"Watching back the 3m handicap chase at the Festival and can't help but feel that Great Endeavour is a big handicap winner in waiting. Murphy really couldn't have got that race any more wrong."

Great call, David.

Back