Peter Naughton?!

Colin Phillips

At the Start
I must have too much time on my hands!

Just browsing the Sporting Life site and I found myself on Peter Naughton's site, clicked on Biography and spotted this little pearl, which I thought might cheer up one or two of our members:

"In November 2008 Peter's success in the record-breaking £5 million Scoop6 was covered across all media, including ITN, BBC Radio Five Live, Channel Four & most national newspapers."

Clever, eh?!

PS..........his site has the sub-title "The Ethical Edge"...............you couldn't make that up, could you?!

Last edited:
He was in a massive syndicate wasn't he?

He's such a bore on RUK and I dislike him for when he took issue with my loud celebrations after a sprint handicap at Catterick...

He was in a massive syndicate wasn't he?

I'm sure Ms Leader will explain the syndicate and who was really behind it, and how Peter Naughton found his way into it by stealth. Indeed, so impressed was she with the person who makes the selections, that she made them a quite astounding offer on this very forum!!!

I'm sure Ms Leader will explain the syndicate and who was really behind it, and how Peter Naughton found his way into it by stealth. Indeed, so impressed was she with the person who makes the selections, that she made them a quite astounding offer on this very forum!!!
It was covered, in some depth, back at the time. Mr Naughton has been rather naughty but it's all forgotten now. For the record, Shouty Leader has spent more money on lacy underwear than Peter Naughton won as his share of the pot that day. Not that I've seen any of it, of course.

Why should Peter Naughton share any of his hard-earned winnings with you Rory?

He doesn't buy his fruit and veg off just anyone you know.

What did he say?!

Something like "we think number 12, Brut has won but we couldn't hear because we had some owners screaming down our lugholes" before after the analysis saying "I think my ears are bleeding, I need a lie down."

We weren't that bad....

I must admit I know little of Naughton (don't know him personally and havn't actually seen him on RUK that many times), but his weekly after-timing page on the Sporting Life website (masquerading under 'Naughton's notebook') title is laughable.[/

Last edited:
Why is he claiming to be a punter when he has a job that pays the bills. The real punters out here have no job to wake up to in the morning and are soley dependant on their income from betting to survive in life, people like Peter Naughton get under my skin a little.

i must have missed the boat on this one

i remember watching this the afternoon that the syndicate won..the way it was shown inititally was that PN had won a massive amount of money..everyone saying well done etc

what is the story re this one

i must have missed the boat on this one

i remember watching this the afternoon that the syndicate won..the way it was shown inititally was that PN had won a massive amount of money..everyone saying well done etc

what is the story re this one
The syndicate involves a number of forumites and is masterminded by Andrew Mount (Mounty on this and other forums). Naughton joined on the day the bet was won and contributed £50. He didn't realise that the total investment was something like £7k and his share wasn't worth what he thought. He also told some pretty blatant lies about helping with the selections. He had zero input.

...and more amusing still, for a fair while it was thought that there were two syndicates involved - one being the Mounty syndicate and one being the "Peter Naughton syndicate". By it was thought, I mean Mounty, the press, Harry Findlay (and possibly the Tote initially) thought Naughton had his own syndicate independent of Mounty's since Mounty didn't know Naughton held a share as he only took a part of another syndicate member's share for the first time on the morning of the winning bet.

Yet now he's using 'his' win in the Scoop 6 (I notice there's not even a mention of the word syndicate any more) to try and sell his 'ethical' tips....you couldn't make it up

The syndicate involves a number of forumites and is masterminded by Andrew Mount (Mounty on this and other forums). Naughton joined on the day the bet was won and contributed £50. He didn't realise that the total investment was something like £7k and his share wasn't worth what he thought. He also told some pretty blatant lies about helping with the selections. He had zero input.

Thanks Rory

looks to me like you couldn't burn his neck with a branding iron

like I said...as a casual viewer that afternoon I thought he had won the lot..then they interviewed him and he was a bit coyer about it..not sure if syndicate was mentioned ...still looked like he had won a decent bit as well...there were folk patting him on the back etc..and all the time he is taking credit for someone elses work.

does he not realise that these days you will be found out with this sort of thing..especially when those in the syndicate post on messageboards...does the betfair crowd know about this?..they must have given him some stick:blink:

Thanks Rory

looks to me like you couldn't burn his neck with a branding iron

like I said...as a casual viewer that afternoon I thought he had won the lot..then they interviewed him and he was a bit coyer about it..not sure if syndicate was mentioned ...still looked like he had won a decent bit as well...there were folk patting him on the back etc..and all the time he is taking credit for someone elses work.

does he not realise that these days you will be found out with this sort of thing..especially when those in the syndicate post on messageboards...does the betfair crowd know about this?..they must have given him some stick:blink:

I refer you to the Betfair thread entitled "Peter Naughton. More neck than a Geeeraaaf" which can be found here (you'll need to be logged in):
http://site.forum.betfair.com/jive3....+More+neck+than+a+Geeeraaaf&iMessageCount=81

I believe the highlight was where some wag referred to SL as a "vodka addled bint". Priceless.....

Unfortunately the link doesn't offer the option of logging in, but this does sound worth tracking down

I thought the vodka addled bint conducted herself with uncharacteristic restraint

Last edited:
I thought SL didn't look at the betfair forum

I couldn't possibly stomach the BF forum regularly, HT. I possibly have a quick look in once a year and within a few minutes I get fed up of the utter crap spouted on there.

can't see it being SL

Last edited:
Erm, you saw the 'once a year' bit? When a good mate of mine is being ripped off by some jumped up little tosser who is lying through his teeth I often feel I have to say something, at least.

As a matter of fact, it's a shame that Mounty is such a decent bloke - there are plenty of grounds here for him to sue the little sod but I'm sure he wouldn't dream of it.

Back