Philip Carberry

• Thread starter Thread starter numbersix
  • Start date Start date
N

numbersix

Ok - I backed Sublimity - lets get that out of the way.

What is it about the surname Carberry that makes you think you can give away any amount of gorund to a decent rival and still expect to win.

I can understand him and the brother letting Salford and Kalderon go off, but why let a gap develop with Punjabi? Punjabi got first run, and Geraghty is the only jock coming out of the race who doesn't ride as if he has had a lobotomy.

Over and over again these Carberry's do this, and yet they still get put up on decent horses.

I know I am talking through my pocket, but I don't think it is unreasaonable to conclude P A Carberry totally cocked the race up. One serious rival on paper and he presents him with a 5+ length advantage turning in which he was never going to peg back. Utterly infuriating.

What a feckin uselss pile of w@nk this bloke is. Does his think brain not comprehend that holding a horse up only works well when they go a fast pace like in last year`s Champion.

No tactical nous whatsover. You`d think as this is the only decent animal the fecker rides he`d give it some thought.

Terrible ride, clearly thought Harchibald was the main danger.

P.A Carberry in general is a pretty good judge of the pace though.

After the sh*t we had to put up with from Schofield on Wollcombe Folly at Taunton last week, it is high time these tw*ts felt it in the pocket (not just us punters). A two month ban might make them think twice about trying to act flash with the hold up tactics.

I would love to know what him and his brother were chatting about - must have been very interesting given both completely forgot they were riding in a professional horse race.

Sublimity looked a bit one paced to me, and was definately beaten by a better horse on the day. Would like to watch the race again and check the distances but you can only really blame a jockey if it's clear he was on the best horse and the way Punjabi kicked I can't believe that he was. Me, i'm just kicking myself I didn't back that Laertes at Perth!

I know this wouldnt be in the mind of carberry but he ridden sublimity infront of punjabi at cheltenham and should have aleast been up there with him today as punjabi come from behind him at cheltenham and quickened up the hill more, he proberley was to worried about harchi to even think about punjabi but atleast this will put to bed that harchibald can still win a champion hurdle. looking foward to the new 5 and 6 year olds for next years champion hurldle it looks to be a cracker already!

Number6, I think you are talking from your pocket. You sound terribly bitter anyway, in general, I agree with Gal, that Philip Carberry is pretty good jockey. Every jockey makes mistakes and it wasnt his best moment today but I dont think he should be hung out to dry. This race was always going to be a tactical affair with the limited number of runners and no confirm front runners.

I would still regard having P.A Carberry on a horse I've backed as a plus.

He lost it after the second last. I know he lost a few lengths from 3 out to 2 out but his fatal mistake was moving in behind the tiring Kalderon after 2 out. Geraghty kicked clear then and Sublimity was up the backside of Kalderon and had to move out. I'm not sure he would have won anyway. The victim in those cases always looks hard done by but Punjabi put in some effort to get away while Sublimity filled his lungs. Sublimity was unable to make impression down to the last and only a sloppy jump by Punjabi and obviously tiring after kicking on meant that Sublimity got closer. While I agree it was not a great tactical ride, thoughts of Sublimity winning the race are stretching it. The winner won well.

Ok, first of all I admit I backed Sublimity. Not a big bet, but the manner of defeat enraged me. After a couple of furlongs I knew I was in trouble and as the race developed it got worse and worse. In races like this you will the jokcey to have the sense to make a move but as with his brother, once P A Carberry drops a horse right out that is it, irrespective of whether the other riders are getting too far ahead.

Most observers agreed Sublimity did not jump out of the ground at Cheltenham and when his winning chance had gone Punjabi nicked 3rd spot by a length.

On ground more likely to suit Sublimity yesterday, one would have expected him to have at least been within a length of Punjabi as the race unfolded in earnest. He wasn't and as such was never able to get a blow in. Considering he was, to my eyes, down 5-6 lengths turning in, he did well to narrow the gap by 3 lengths. If he had been sat on Geraghty's heels turning in, he would have been able to deliver his killer punch and the result may have been different. We will of course never know, but I think most people are in agreement that the ride was bad.

Agreed! I was thrilled to see old Monkey win again - but there's no doubt the way Iris De Baune was finishing he'd have won if he hadn't been dropped out right at the back for so long

I note the RP race report was pretty critical of both Carberrys, not something you read that often

Back