Please Can Someone Explain...

Originally posted by rorydelargy@Feb 18 2008, 08:28 PM
But they do saddle them.........
Right, so the trainer flies from Doncaster to Sandown then back to Doncaster to saddle horses, the information on here is as always enlightening.

Originally posted by tetley@Feb 18 2008, 06:52 PM
Although C. Mann is ultimately responsible, I don't believe it's common practice for the trainer to load the horses for travelling. I just can't envisage Sir M. Stoute, B. Hills, J. Dunlop et.al. loading horses.
No, of course the trainer doesn't load every horse, but they are ultimately responsible for everything that goes on within the confines of their yard. The owner is paying them to do just that, after all. If there is a total lack of organisation in the yard, which leads to one of the stable lads making such a mistake, the responsibility must ultimately lie with the trainer.

By the way, I havn't ever heard of any of the three trainers you mention running a ringer.

The trainer saddles the horse IF he/she is at the track tetley, I'm sure you know that!
If not, he/she has a 'representative' who is responsible for that - wife/husband/partner, assistant, head lad/lass etc

In big training establishments like those mentioned, there is an Assistant Trainer for each barn or yard, and they are responsible for the horses, and to the trainer. It would be their call to bring out the right horse and load it

Originally posted by trackside528+Feb 19 2008, 01:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trackside528 @ Feb 19 2008, 01:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tetley@Feb 18 2008, 06:52 PM
Although C. Mann is ultimately responsible, I don't believe it's common practice for the trainer to load the horses for travelling. I just can't envisage Sir M. Stoute, B. Hills, J. Dunlop et.al. loading horses.
No, of course the trainer doesn't load every horse, but they are ultimately responsible for everything that goes on within the confines of their yard. The owner is paying them to do just that, after all. If there is a total lack of organisation in the yard, which leads to one of the stable lads making such a mistake, the responsibility must ultimately lie with the trainer.

[/b][/quote]
Glad you agree with me.

Yep.

I just hope he isn't bounced before I can have a proper lump on Air Force One in the RSA Chase place market.. :D

No, it's not often that trainers load their horses onto the lorry - unless it is a small yard. However someone is in charge of the procedure and the buck stops with the trainer; he holds the licence and has to take responsibility for his staff actions.

Without wanting to get into it too much though one has to ask how it happened 3 times - surely any trainer to whom it had happened once, even accidentally, would clamp right down after reading the riot act to those people concerned and the one thing the lads would double check was that they had the right horse! Once is careless, twice is atrocious and three times.....well. Makes you wonder whether anyone was aware of the fact at the time or was possibly even just following instructions issued from someone else....

I am as perplexed as anyone, however not knowing any of the reasons behind why it happened, I remain open minded.

Back