Podcasts

granger

Senior Jockey
Euro mentioned them on the movies thread - what do you listen to?

Some of mine

Final Furlong
Second Captains
Sunday Business Show
Football weekly (sometimes)
Some LFC specific pods, won't interest most of you
5live specials
Golf Weekly

Final Furlong
Rich Eisen
Joe Rogan Experience
Doug Stanhope
Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast
ESPN Behind the Bets
Levine Large

I can highly recommend the Final Furlong

Have been downloading since reading this thread and it's now a must listen to. There are few things that make me laugh out loud, but Emmet Kennedy & Co have done it regularly

Freakconomics
EconTalk
Pregame (Not all of them just certain cobtributions from US pro bettors)
Chad Milman (not listened to this much now because it's a bit boring during Football season)

Final Furling is ok but Noel Hayes thinks he's 'the' authority on Irish racing and they all agree far too much. The bird from the UK is particularly clueless. Too many stupid 'in jokes' as well.

Last edited:
Five live sports specials (not all of them though).
Test Match special
My Sporting Life (Danny Kellys excellent show on talk sport on a Sunday night.none of the recent ones have been available as a podcast though).
Used to like the timeform reviews but not so much now.
Danny Baker's Sat morning show on five live
Cricket Writers on TV during the summer.
Bowl at Boycs (on espn cricinfo).

Shows DO,usually from the radio (although some are exclusive to the net) that can be downloaded onto whatever device you have to listen to at your leisure.

You can download the podcast app onto your device and then search for whatever you wish through that.

Last edited:
I see sports podcasts are very popular with other members. Is there not enough sport paralysis by anylsis on TV than bleeding your ears through podcasts too? Do any of them offer anything that I won't read in The Independant or hear down the pub?

I see sports podcasts are very popular with other members. Is there not enough sport paralysis by anylsis on TV than bleeding your ears through podcasts too? Do any of them offer anything that I won't read in The Independant or hear down the pub?

People are more themselves on radio than when on the telly. More freedom and less restraints.

Not if it's football based because what's there to analyse ultimately.

The guys who present Channel 4's NFL coverage do a good one called Americarnage which features all 4 American sports as well as some popular culture recommendations.

Rory was excellent on the second FF podcast, particularly his staunch defence of Cue Card. Shrewd man (even though he unfollowed me on Twitter a while back.)

when do you people have time for podcasts :) i get a moment to listen to freakonomics now and then :rolleyes:

If any of you like History, search for Mike Duncan on Podcast Republic. He has 3 series. History of Rome, English Civil War and French Revolution. Utterly compelling. I spend a lot of hours in the air in my job, and these keep me sane. Of course this is augmented with the sublime Melvyn Bragg - In Our Time History on BBC R4.

Then - try 'Serial' - US NPR type investigation into a murder in Baltimore 15 years ago. Cliff hanger every week, but really good investigative journalism.

Second Captains for laddish light relief is always dependable.

Football Weekly (religiously)
Final Furlong (very popular it seems)
Listen to a lot of FT ones that are probably boring to most (Alphaville is interesting though)
Council of Foreign Relations
NYT
Irish Times politics podcast
Red Wednesday (and a few different MUFC podcasts)

A must watch podcast. Basically details things people are unaware of re global warming and also as we get more and more information out of the ruins of Gobekli Tepein in Turkey the sort of possibility that we may have been close to being as technologically as advanced as we are today thousands of years ago before most of the Earth's population was wiped out in cataclysmic events.

Last edited:
I presume plenty have listened to S-Town seven chapters since it was released. Any opinions on it? It started out brilliantly but I'm not sure what to make of the conclusions drawn from it. It left way too many unanswered questions and dangled entraling storylines and then abandoned them.

The new paddy power podcast is beyond bad

Paddy and ruby are just awful together

Can imagine someone told Ruby to be even more dour as it's comical and will get the punters in

Back