Preakness

Second would almost certainly beat her in the Belmont if he runs his race. I have my doubts again (much like Big Brown vs the rest last year) about the American three year olds.

What are the big Classic American older horses this year?

Last edited:
Three year old are better than last year notwithstanding big brown .I think RA is the best 3 year old bar none. I would rate RA a lot better than Rags to Riches.

Tremendous decision to go drinking tonight and try bottles of Bumers/Magners Pear Cider-much better then burning 200 yoyos laying Rachael Alexander.

What are the big Classic American older horses this year?

There is noone at the moment. The best older horses are probably Einstein and the ones that raced in Dubai. They are a terrible bunch. In fact if Rachel went back to race against her own sex, she would probably face a tougher time against the likes of Zenyatta and Cocoa Beach.

She has won on the synthetics before, winning over 6f in Keeneland on her 4th career start.

Was away yesterday and only just got back to watch this now. Brilliant race. The filly ran fractions that would have had most horses on their knees and it almost told on her. Mine That Bird probably gained more in defeat than he did in victory two weeks ago.

Breathtaking performance from such a wide draw .

Had she had a better pitch she would have beaten them much more comfortably .

I think she'll beat that field over any distance from a mile to a mile and a half. She has too much pace for them and provided the jockey gets his fractions right I think she can win the Belmont as well.

Are fillies allowed to run in the Kentucky Derby?

Bit harsh to not call her a Triple Crown winner (assuming she wins the Belmont) if she wasn't even allowed to enter the Derby - all she could do was win the Kentucky Oaks in that case.

Fillies are indeed allowed to enter the Derby, FU; Winning Colors famously won it in 1988, ridden by Gary Stevens.

Looks like Mike Smith is off Mine That Bird (due to prior commitments) so it opens up the possibility that Calvin is back on the Kentucky Derby winner if in the likely situation (IMO anyway) that Rachel bypasses the Belmont.

Back