Preview Nights?

firstpastthepost

At the Start
Has anyone got a list of the preview nights?

Iv got tickets for one at the moment but wouldn't mind finding where ruby Walsh will be and where Carberry will be to hear about harchibald.

Cheltenham & Three Counties Race Club have their usual Preview on the Friday before the Festival (March 7th) at the Centaur at Cheltenham Racecourse. Panel is Alan King, Mick Fitzgerald, Tom Segal and Mike Cattermole with possibly Paddy Power I think.

They have had Ruby the past two years so gone for a change this time.

Tickets 25% off if purchased via their website or free if you are a member.

yeah im going to the royal oak in cheltenham which has:

Robert 'Choc' Thornton
Joe Tizzard
Tom Scudamore
Charlie McCann ( Bet Direct & Talksport )

thats on the 10th of march

but i am trying to find where ruby is as he always gave a honest opinion in the last two years.

About the only one at the first [Cheltenham] preview mentioned that I'd be interested in hearing from is Alan King!!! Segal, Cattermole and Fitzy?! Thanks but no thanks!!!!! (Cattermole really should stick to presenting IMO, great guy, brilliant presenter, not so hot in the commentating/tipping arenas!)

Mind you at the second one I'd only be interested in Choc as well! Tizzard can't ride for toffee so no illusions he can tip any better than that, Scudamore is, well, Scudamore and Charlie McCann, again a lovely bloke, I wouldn't really go to for tipping advice!

In the golden days at CTRC before press took notice of the preview evenings, Nicholson was terrific value. If you followed his opinions on his horses, you'd always end up in profit.

Nowadays, the guests tend to be more guarded, talking tosh wth the odd gem in between. 95 per cent is stating the obvious, but spotting the 5 per cent is the key to it.

Provisional date for your diary:

Talking Horses Cheltenham Preview Night
Sunday 9th March - Evening (tbc)

Format (tbc):
0 – 30 mins: Tuesday and the Champion Hurdle
30 – 60 mins: Wednesday and the Champion Chase
60 – 90 mins: Thursday and the World Hurdle
90 – 120 mins: Friday and the Gold Cup
120 - 150 mins: Festival Specials: Top Jockey/Trainer etc

Transcript from 2007 Preview

Back