Prix D'amerique Paris Today

It's the main track HS but I've never seen it so tbh I wouldn't know what it looks like.

I'm moving to Gibraltar very shortly so hopefully I'll be able to nip over to Spain to see what Mijas looks like :)

Yes, it's a cinder track but I don't know how it's put together! The winner won it well, clearly likes a trip.

Incidentally, the race was run in association with the Stade Francais rugby boys, and this promotion seems to have worked well judging by the size of the crowd.

French racing has started to get its act together recently regarding publicity, with this race and the Prix de Diane both being well promoted and supported. The Arc and the D'Amerique days more or less sell themselves, but the next layer down has needed attention.

They might try a bit harder with the Grand Steeple-Chase de Paris, which usually only gets around 12000 people, but doesn't have the international flavour of the Arc or D'Amerique. If Kauto Star and/or Denman were to turn up it might be a different story of course.

Back