Tamazirte 9/2
Fantasia 6/1
Celimene 7/1
Eclair De Lune 10/1
Plumania 10/1
Shediyama 10/1
Denomination 12/1
16s bar

Walk in the park for Stacelita surely? Was 11/10 when they first priced it up.

If the ground is soft, Stacelita has a very good chance, if the ground dries up, Tamaerzite and Celemine can run also a good race.

Surely a better bet now for those fancying Starcelita is taking the 20's for the Arc with Stan James. If she's as good on better ground as she appeared to be on heavy last time out then she'll hack up in the Vermeille and then on to the Arc, in which fillies have a decent enough record in.

Personally think on the drying ground (unlikely to be any rain from thursday through to sunday) that Celemine will be the one - she's unbeaten thus far and has been put away since her Group 3 success in the middle of April.

Other than that Denomination is no 16/1 chance for this.

Ground

Since Sunday when it was already wet we've had rain, rain and more rain. I think we might get a few more showers today, so it will be soft at best on Sunday.

Upbeat reports on Fantasia. She must be a bit of value here.

"Luca Cumani believes Fantasia is in the form of her life as she goes in search of Classic glory in Sunday's Prix de Diane at Chantilly.
The daughter of Sadler's Wells won twice in three starts as a juvenile and looked destined for the very top when turning in a hugely impressive display in the Nell Gwyn Stakes at Newmarket on her return to action.
She let down odds-on backers when only third in the French 1000 Guineas last month, but Cumani feels she could not be in better form as she prepares to tackle a mile and a quarter for the first time in the French Oaks.
"She heads out to France tomorrow and we are looking forward to seeing her run at Chantilly on Sunday," said the Italian handler.
"It's hard to say if she has improved since the French Guineas but she has certainly never been in better form than she is at the moment.
"Frankie (Dettori) and Kieren Fallon have both been riding her in her work and both of them feel a mile and a quarter will suit her well."
With regular partner Dettori otherwise engaged, Cumani has moved quickly to snap up the services of leading French rider Stephane Pasquier and he feels the switch of rider will not hinder her chances.
"She is a very straightforward filly and the complete professional," Cumani continued.
"Stephane is a top jockey so that won't be a problem."

Source: PA

Last edited:
I just don't think she's good enough Steve. She had her chance in the French Guineas and she couldn't land a blow. Her 2 year old form has taken a hammering since then, the Nell Gwyn was very very weak and whilst she may improve for the step up in trip, I can't see her troubling the favourite who has the potential to be a superstar.

I just don't think she's good enough Steve. She had her chance in the French Guineas and she couldn't land a blow. Her 2 year old form has taken a hammering since then, the Nell Gwyn was very very weak and whilst she may improve for the step up in trip, I can't see her troubling the favourite who has the potential to be a superstar.

Seems you're not alone. Everyone seems to be taking that view.

I'm prepared to forgive her the French Guineas. I think they were over-confident after her trial and left her under cooked for France. Sounds like she'll be cherry ripe for this and the trip will suit her better.

Last edited:
Looking at Fantasia's two races this term wouldn't Sariska have run to a similar level if she'd tackled them? Outclassing handicappers in a very weak Nell Gwyn and then being tapped for toe over an inadequate trip against better rivals in the Pouliches? The Oaks winner didn't look any great shakes in the Fred Darling but blossomed when sent over further. I think the layers are gonna overbet the importance to Fantasia's chances of her last outing and she will probably be backable on the day. I don't know much about the French fillies though so the stakes will have to be small.

The French filly looks a bit of a monster....Fantasia's form (and that of the Ascot mile) has a pretty ordinary look to it now.

Stacelita the best filly in Europe - no danger of her being beaten today only worry about the Arc would be if it's made into a true test of stamina.

perfect position the whole way round but she was miles better than the rest.. As Galileo mentioned, the fillies mile last year doesnt look half as impressive now.. I think she'll improve for the step up to 12f too and is the most likely Arc winner for me at the moment!

Surely a better bet now for those fancying Starcelita is taking the 20's for the Arc with Stan James. If she's as good on better ground as she appeared to be on heavy last time out then she'll hack up in the Vermeille and then on to the Arc, in which fillies have a decent enough record in.

8/1 now.

"Her preparation could not have been better but perhaps she does not like to travel. She had a bad journey over, was upset yesterday and is perhaps still immature.

A somewhat ironic comment from the trainer considering the owner avoided the filly's home Guineas with her!

Really impressive filly, but would love to see her in the flesh...she just looks a bit odd looking in her appearance and particularly her movement but its hard to judge on tv.

Lee Motterheads view, a bit premmature regarding Arc talk just yet...

Bookmakers reacted by quoting Stacelita at prices around 7-1 and 8-1 for the Arc, and that looks too big about a horse who will relish being upped to 1m4f. Assuming nothing untoward happens during her summer break, it is inconceivable that connections will not want to aim for the Arc, and if she goes there on the heels of a similarly dominant win in the Vermeille, shewill very possibly be sent off favourite. More than that, she will very possibly win.

I like the fillie
but to think he has a better chance at the moment than Fame And Glory, Sea The Stars, Conduit and many other colts and older horses is really extrange for me.

I like the fillie
but to think he has a better chance at the moment than Fame And Glory, Sea The Stars, Conduit and many other colts and older horses is really extrange for me.

She should get the typical Arc prep unlike many of them though. Plus, this is definitely on the agenda for her.

I think the Zarkava effect is in play here. Without her memory Stacelita would be 14s.

That said, I don't like STS for the Arc because he'll be aimed at the Irish Champion and I don't like Conduit because of the owner/trainer record in the race. So she's one to keep on the right side.

Last edited:
Back