Prix Du Moulin De Longchamp

betsmate

At the Start
A clash of the 1000 Guineas winner and the 2000 Guineas winner. The latter massively odds-on, but a spectacle nonetheless.

Yet to go through the 5-day decs, but the current entries read like a who's-who of the Mile division.

It was good-to-soft there today.

Both trainers are said to be keeping an eye on the going in case it becomes too testing.

sageburg
honoured guest
al qasi
major cadeaux
lovelace
forthe millionkiss
darjina
Sarissa
King Of Wesphalia
henrythenavigator
river proud
paco boy
natagora
goldikova
Pas Seule

In fairness though Henry has never actually raced on tomorrows going before. Its not as if there was just a slight ease in the going when he lost in the Phoenix and to NA....its was absolutely bottomless going. Obviously fast ground suits him best, but if it is not too bad he could get away with it at a decent price.

In fairness though Henry has never actually raced on tomorrows going before. Its not as if there was just a slight ease in the going when he lost in the Phoenix and to NA....its was absolutely bottomless going. Obviously fast ground suits him best, but if it is not too bad he could get away with it at a decent price.

I certainly wouldn't lay HTN at odds against.Murtagh going to France speaks volumes.

The Futurity was run on true Soft ground from my calcs..not bottomless...would agree that the Phoenix was worse than that.

I would be wanting the Prix Du Pin to be run in about 81 seconds to see Good ground...so it shouldn't be too difficult to have some idea of the ground after that race

It isn`t, but in the Rothschild Goldikova tracked Natagora off only a steady pace and the race went perfectly for her. Darjina drifted left late on and ultimately the nearest she was to the winner was right at the death. She`s 12 at the moment on Betfair as opposed to 4.7 for Goldikova. For me that is an excessive gap and the Aga`s filly warrants a small win and place interest.

I backed her in the Rothschild as well (win only) and didn`t realise until I saw the race on Youtube how close she got. Was it more clear cut this time?

The winner was tough, Darjina was on her shoulder for the last furlong or so, chucking in the kitchen sink, but not good enough to get past on that ground.

Paco Boy stuck in a pocket but nt sure he would have won in the last furlong - Foret surely is the race for him.

How good does this make Zarkava ?

Betfair radio firstly kept mentioning a horse in purple colours thet they couldn't recognise before realising that it was HTN; they then suggested that he may have broken down in the race. I take it that this is typical BR guessery?

Back