Proviso
Alnadana
Oiseau De Feu
Mastercraftsman
Set Sail
Summer Fete
Soneva
Elusive Wave

Prices from Blue Sq since they priced up this morning....

MCM 4/6
Aqlaam 4/1
Famous Name 9/2 (From 5/1)
Elusive Wave 6/1 (From 8/1)
Virtual 7/1
Balthazaars Gift 12/1
Gladiatorus 12/1
Oiseau De Feu 12/1
Alnadana 16/1 (From 20/1)
Proviso 16/1
Soneva 16/1 (From 20/1)
Summer Fete 33/1
Set Sail 200/1

I took a bit of 8/1 about Elusive Wave and I think her proximity to Goldikova and the course and distance form represent the best chance of turning MCM over.

No idea about Longchamp but it's a reading of 3.2 penetrometer and "good" at it's next door neighbour for the meeting on thursday.

Presume it will be similar at Longchamp (though that's just a guesstimation)

I took a bit of 8/1 about Elusive Wave and I think her proximity to Goldikova and the course and distance form represent the best chance of turning MCM over.

I backed her that day and Goldikova got first run. Obviously i'm not claiming she'd have won if the race had gone her way, but she's a bit better than the bare form and might be tempting.

Prices from Blue Sq since they priced up this morning....

MCM 4/6
Aqlaam 4/1
Famous Name 9/2 (From 5/1)
Elusive Wave 6/1 (From 8/1)
Virtual 7/1
Balthazaars Gift 12/1
Gladiatorus 12/1
Oiseau De Feu 12/1
Alnadana 16/1 (From 20/1)
Proviso 16/1
Soneva 16/1 (From 20/1)
Summer Fete 33/1
Set Sail 200/1

Well done on the 8s. I took some 6s this morning (each way) and I think her price in comparison to Famous Name is all wrong.

I backed her to win at 8s as I'm not a fan of betting e/w on antepost markets and I genuinely think she could turn MCM over. As Euro said on another thread, she's got the beating of Aqlaam and in addition to this, she's got form over course and distance.

Then I suggest Paddy Power's antepost rules market on the race is the best way to make money this year.

Ballydoyle are clearly intent on getting STS beat if Mastercraftsman misses his obvious chance in the Moulin to back up Fame in the Irish Champion.

If STS doesn't run in the Champion I doubt MCM will either.

Ballydoyle are clearly intent on getting STS beat if Mastercraftsman misses his obvious chance in the Moulin to back up Fame in the Irish Champion.

If STS doesn't run in the Champion I doubt MCM will either.

Because they declared to run in Leopardstown, they cannot then be a NR on Saturday and run then on Sunday without paying a hefty penalty. That is why he is not running on Sunday.

As Steve says, regarding Leopardstown - he is only likely to run if STS does.

Does seem baffling to forfeit a decent shout at a group one with MCM. Where else will they go with him?

Either him or Fame won't look as good come Sunday evening.

Does seem baffling to forfeit a decent shout at a group one with MCM. Where else will they go with him?

He's already a dual Group 1 winner at a mile. More to be gained than lost by trying again at Sea The Stars over 10f. Guess there's a possibility he could be on QEII duty given O'Brien doesn;t seem sure of getting Rip Van WInkle there.

Either him or Fame won't look as good come Sunday evening.

Loads of options, QEII, Newmarket Champion Stakes, Breeders Cup Classic etc.

I thought Rip was QE2 bound? They won't run them both will they?

Champion Stakes is a good shout however.

This is a poor G1 - I wonder why Goldikova is taking Paco on over his trip when the Moulin suited her fine into last year's BCM.

1 111 Famous Name4 9-2 D K Weld P J Smullen— 128 134
2312 Aqlaam4 9-2 W J Haggas R Hills— 128 132
3221 Balthazaar´s Gift 6 9-2 C G Cox Philip Robinson— 111 131
4163 Virtual 4 9-2 J H M Gosden Jimmy Fortune— 113 131
5168 Gladiatorus4 9-2 Saeed Bin Suroor Ahmed Ajtebi— 139 141
6412 Oiseau De Feu3 8-11 J-C Rouget I Mendizabal— 122 131
7154 Calvados Blues 3 8-11 A Fabre M Guyon— 122 124
8031 Summer Fete 3 8-8 B Smart Richard Mullen— 108 119
9142 Elusive Wave 3 8-8 J-C Rouget C-P Lemaire— 132 133

Last edited:
I'm delighted with my position on Elusive Wave and I still think she is a decent bet at the prices without MCM in the lineup, she holds a lot of the field on her Goldikova form and she has form at the track too.

In all seriousness, I do think we'll see a different Gladiatorus now he goes round a bend again.

Back