Prix Du Moulin

I'm delighted with my position on Elusive Wave and I still think she is a decent bet at the prices without MCM in the lineup, she holds a lot of the field on her Goldikova form and she has form at the track too.

In all seriousness, I do think we'll see a different Gladiatorus now he goes round a bend again.

Well done on nicking the 8s GS, best of luck... bet you're breathing a sigh of relief that Rainbow View isn't up against her though.:)

I would have thought Aqlaam would have the beating of these, but I'd agree Elusive Wave would probably handle the going better and would have to be a bet at 8s.

I've had a little on Famous Name as well to cover the 6/1 each way on Elusive Wave.

Christ alive, what a thoroughly unsatisfactory race for Elusive Wave backers.

Had a little on Aqlaam when Paddy Power left the market up on Friday night with MCM in so turned a tiny profit. Very well deserved win for him.

Famous Name ran very well, thought he was way below this level. Gladiatorus ran an absolute blinder too, he'll be of interest at Santa Anita if they take him out early to climatise and get up on Lasix and everything else they can pump into his body legally!

Makes Goldikova look even better too given the form from the Marois behind her was more or less replicated here.

What was Aqlaam and Famous Name's respective ratings going into this?

It does remind me of what a poor Lockinge Stakes it was at Newbury with Virtual well beaten again today.

Last edited:

It does remind me of what a poor Lockinge Stakes it was at Newbury with Virtual well beaten again today.

Except that Paco would clearly have won but for his bad foot . Paco and Goldikova have of course both slammed today's winner in G1 mile races .

I would expect her to confirm last year's Moulin form over a mile with PB but over his trip the Foret will be a fascinating race .

On both form lines and my speed figures, Aqlaam has put up an identical performance to the one that he showed in the Marois which shows how far behind Goldikova this lot are.

Aqlaam has run really consitently recording 120 on each of the three races going into this. Famous Name was a couple of pounds better than this on his most recent appearance only, and Elusive wave has run to a best rating of about 118.

I had a bit on Aqlaam but take no joy in Elusive Wave refusing to take part.

Fair play to Aqlaam and his connections, if you are not in you can't win and he certainly won his race well. But I thought on Friday that it was a strange move by the Ballydoyle team to send Mastercraftsman to Leopardstown and I saw nothing over the weekend to change that view.

Fair play to Aqlaam and his connections, if you are not in you can't win and he certainly won his race well. But I thought on Friday that it was a strange move by the Ballydoyle team to send Mastercraftsman to Leopardstown and I saw nothing over the weekend to change that view.

I'd agree in so much as that if Mastercraftman had run in this I'd have preferred him, but would also have relished the presumably bigger price on Aqlaam.

Simple really.

Mastercraftsman would have proved very little if he had won the Moulin.

If he had won the Irish Champion (or bustled up the champ) he would have added a few grand on to his stud fee

He also ensured that the pacemakers were not ignored in the Irish Champion by Kinane....not that it made any difference in the end.

Back