Prix Du Moulin

Bookie in Germany was giving 15/2 for Excelebration. Would have done my nuts on that if he had let me. After I took my chunk he is now 3/1 fave there. Bunch of chickenshits these bookies. Doesn't matter where they reside.

Why so few French runners, I wonder? Only five of them, and only three horses from the Marois field turn up here.

Why so few French runners, I wonder? Only five of them, and only three horses from the Marois field turn up here.

A small field last year too - the Moulin is a bit squeezed out now the QEII is awash with cash and the Foret has been moved forward three weeks.

Good field though I expect Dubawi Gold will get closer to Excelebration but I think the latter will win in the absence of Immortal Verse.

Excelebration a worthy fav but made him more like 11/4, suspect he'll be over 2/1 in France given the quality of the domestic opposition.

Tin Horse is a C&D winner and got a shocking ride LTO, I made him 11/2 and I have availed myself of some 9/1 this evening for small money with Totesport. I will be looking to back him again in the morning all the way down to 15/2.

Is this a great renewal? Only two in the field won last time out, and something like Royal Bench went off at 40/1 in the Jacques Le Marois and is 15/2 today. It doesn't jump off the page as a race to excite me.

For what it is worth, I agree with Gamla's thoughts about Tin Horse.

I thought Excelebration was very impressive on ground that wouldn't have been ideal. I hope they go for the BC Mile with him, the track and ground should suit him that day and I think he'll be a huge threat to upsetting the Goldikova party.

Back