Prix Ganay

Hamm

At the Start
Does anyone either know where I can find entries (checked France Galop etc) or which horses have been targeted at it?

Am in Paris next weekend and will pop out to Longchamp if possible.

I read a couple of weeks ago that the first three from the Harcourt - Trincot, The Bogberry and Vision d'Etat - were all due to go for it. But then I read that Trincot has gone to Godolphin since, so God knows.

1 famous name gb m.ps. 4 ans P258545 KHALID ABDULLAHDK. WELD453.721
2 ideal world usa m.ps. 4 ans P258525 KHALID ABDULLAHA. FABRE108.700
3 putney bridge usa h.ps. 4 ans P258440 KHALID ABDULLAHMME C. HEAD-MAAREK51.150
4 tajaaweed usa m.ps. 4 ans P258000 HAMDAN AL MAKTOUMSIR MR. STOUTE53.986
5 tartan bearer ire m.ps. 4 ans P258000 BALLYMACOLL STUD FARM LTDSIR MR. STOUTE684.438
6 poet gb m.ps. 4 ans P158000 D.SMITH/MME J.MAGNIER/M.TABORAP. O'BRIEN29.226
7 vision d'etat m.ps. 4 ans P258555 JACQUES DETREE. LIBAUD1.103.750
8 trincot m.ps. 4 ans P258515 SCEA ECURIE BADERS. BIN SUROOR231.700
9 loup breton (ire) m.ps. 5 ans P258530 ECURIE WILDENSTEINE. LELLOUCHE183.215
10 the bogberry usa m.ps. 4 ans P258515 SERGEY EFROSA.DE ROYER DUPRE184.445
11 adlerflug ger m.ps. 5 ans P258000 GESTUT SCHLENDERHANJ. HIRSCHBERGER161.000
12 court canibal (gb) m.ps. 4 ans P258505 MISE DE MORATALLAM. DELZANGLES104.500
13 thewayyouare usa m.ps. 4 ans P258495 MULRYAN/TABOR/MAGNIER/SMITHAP. O'BRIEN

14 red rocks ire m.ps. 6 ans P258545 JOHN-PAUL REDDAMBJ. MEEHAN224.465
15 red rock canyon ire m.ps. 5 ans P158000 TABOR/MAGNIER/SMITH/NAGLEAP. O'BRIEN112.242
16 cima de triomphe ire m.ps. 4 ans P258000 TERUYA YOSHIDALM. CUMANI

Cheers IS - appreciate it.

Can I ask where you found them?

Many potential interesting runners..
Famous Name
Thewayyouare
Tajaaweed
Tartan Bearer

It's now down to persuading the guys I'm with it's worth a trip to the races (they have little interest in horses) :)

How good is thewayyouare?

I don't think he came anywhere near his potential last year, and would be very interesting if there were positive vibes coming from Ballydoyle.

AOB has won this the last 2 years, though this looks a potentially stronger renewal.

Cheers IS - appreciate it.

Can I ask where you found them?

Many potential interesting runners..
Famous Name
Thewayyouare
Tajaaweed
Tartan Bearer

It's now down to persuading the guys I'm with it's worth a trip to the races (they have little interest in horses) :)

Tell them it's Ladies day at the track or that they're recording France's next Top Model at Longchamp:lol::lol:

France-Galop Hamm - "races" "races by date/racecourse" and then has early entries for the whole card. Nice enough looking support card too.

Only a hop out on the RTE too Hamm so well worth a trip up there, if you're there on the Saturday they race at Auteuil too which is right next to Longchamp (big 4yo Chase with Rubi Ball etc.)

How good is thewayyouare?

BTB are u a nick mordin fan if so and using his methods he could be very good makes him one of three bankers for the ttf competion his system based on the no of multiple grp 1 winners that often come from this race

Unfortunately for Nick Mordin and his followers Thewayyouare is not in the Tentofollow list. There are only 250 horses in it this year. (I'll bet there will be loads of duplicate lists.)

I wish they could have taken account of Hala Bek's and Doctor Dino's retirements and had room for Thewayyouare - I hope he'll make his mark this season.

They've included Fast Company and Ibn Khaldun, and I'll be surprised if either of these make it to the track any time soon - if ever!

Unfortunately for Nick Mordin and his followers Thewayyouare is not in the Tentofollow list. There are only 250 horses in it this year. (I'll bet there will be loads of duplicate lists.)

I wish they could have taken account of Hala Bek's and Doctor Dino's retirements and had room for Thewayyouare - I hope he'll make his mark this season.

They've included Fast Company and Ibn Khaldun, and I'll be surprised if either of these make it to the track any time soon - if ever!

Jupiter Pluvius from the same yard is also not in training.

Do you mean, Galileo, that Godolphin purchased Jupiter Pluvius from Coolmore/Ballydoyle? I know the Sheikh's son has bought horses from them, but I didn't think Sheikh Mohammed would. If so, JP seems an odd choice for them, given his relatively low profile last season.

Highest RPR 103. Do you know something I don't? :) :confused:

Probably speculating a bit too much but his time LTO was exceptional but a bit confused about the races that day at Maisons-Lafitte which make me think the figure I hold for him is very distorted.

Tajaaweed
Vision D’Etat
Loup Breton
The Bogberry
Adlerflug
Court Canibal
Thewayyouare
Red Rock Canyon
Cima De Triomphe

Looks a good chance for Vision d'Etat to get back to winning ways. Will be fascinating to see how Thewayyouare runs.

Looks like a re-run of the Exbury in many ways - second, third and fourth all re-oppose.

Hope Thewayyouare runs a big race and Tajaaweed also :)

FRANCE: NINE horses have been declared for Sunday's Prix Ganay at Longchamp, the first Group 1 event of the French season, and it has attracted an international field.
Being sent over from Newmarket are the Sir Michael Stoute- trained Tajaaweed (Richard Hills) and the Luca Cumani-trained Cima De Triomphe (Christophe Lemaire).
Aidan O'Brien has declared both the ex-French Thewayyouare and Red Rock Canyon. Jens Hirschberger will saddle Adlerflug in the 1m 2½f event.
The going at Longchamp on Thursday was 3.3 or good to soft and Paris was basking in sunshine but some rain is expected on Friday and possibly more on Sunday.

Back