Prix Ganay

I like the look of thewayyouare but the worry is this could be almost a fact finding mission, or a prep for Royal Ascot.

Blue Square and Coral priced this up, Coral go 10's about Thewayyouare whilst Bsq go 7/2! I had to have a bit of the 10s about that but on balance it looks a good oppurtunity for Vision D'Etat to get back to winning ways.

You could never accuse Coral of not taking a stance!

Adlerflug 5/1 with Coral but 12/1 with Bluesquare.

I know nothing about the form of some of the horse but always interesting to see such a divide of opinions. The tracing paper firms will be next up.

Last edited:
What about Cima de Triomphe ? I hear his feet are all right and he could do well over here. It is a very tricky race. Ground officially "Good" today despite night rain.

Just spoke to Vision d'Etat's owner, who walked the course. he says it is unbelievably fast going considering the rain.
Court Canibal is out of the Ganay (going).

Thanks for that Emmanuel!!! You will come in handy this year!!

I think the Ballydoyle colt is best watched today. Vision D'tat should be hard to beat.

Tajaweed is in top form at home and has impressed in his gallops, he is far more forward than Tartan Bearer is, and he won yesterday. Tajaweed looked in top order when trouncing his lead in his recent gallop and will be hard to beat today.

Interesting indeed. Absolutely no pace put on by Red Rock Canyon (I thought the jockey's reins had snapped!) so they must think Thewayyouare is a turn-of-foot merchant. Vision d'Etat picked him up very impressively, really skipped over the ground. Did nothing in front, mind, but we shouldn't be surprised by that.

Interesting indeed. Absolutely no pace put on by Red Rock Canyon (I thought the jockey's reins had snapped!) so they must think Thewayyouare is a turn-of-foot merchant. Vision d'Etat picked him up very impressively, really skipped over the ground. Did nothing in front, mind, but we shouldn't be surprised by that.

I think they tried to nick the race on Thewayyouare off a slowly run race as he was unlikely to be ready enough first time out in a strongly run event.

Impressed with the winner today, interesting to see where he goes next.

Impressed with the winner of the Barbeville - improving type who's now 2/2 at marathon distances, 2nd and 3rd ran well and will give Sanchez a line on how good Bannaby is too :)

Kasbah Bliss is a flat handicapper :(

excellent run by Adlerflug, in case somebody is interested, but shame about the jockey and dreadful ride. constant shame about big stables in germany taking stable-jockey with them, jockeys riding over here simply arent competitve abroad. How can they, with only mickey-mouse-weekend-racing over here ?

Another german horse to take serious when he runs in france etc. is Liang Kay, btw. impressive return to the track yesterday, and albeit not beating anything of note, couldnt have been more impressive and clearly one to watch.

Back