10 jumbajukiba
11 tiza
12 us ranger
13 utmost respect
14 assertive
15 belliflore
16 african rose
17 blue cayenne​

Marchand d'Or bound to be pretty short to do that hat-trick.

Any news on Winker Watson being supplemented?

So MD is the obvious one but after a troubled run Diabolical was pretty close up in the July Cup, likely be able to get 16´s or so in places and that would rate a good bet IMO particularly on fast ground.

Ground looks like there will be plenty of ease in it. The top two in the market should fight it out again.

I hope US Ranger can win today the trainer could do with a confidence boost after last night!

Jumbajukiba steps up in class and needs the fav to have an off day, but has run well this year over 7f and might hang on for a place if allowed to lead.

That extra half furlong means I break my self imposed ban of betting on sprint races.

Jumbajukiba can run a place at 3/1.

Jumbajukiba steps up in class and needs the fav to have an off day, but has run well this year over 7f and might hang on for a place if allowed to lead.

But is it a step up in class? Look at how close-up Prime Defender was in the July Cup and then how he ran at Goodwood. There are no high class sprinters around at the moment, no true Group 1 performers. So i`m taking the view that the July Cup form is poor and i`m going against it. Jumbajukika with the ground and trip in his favour is therefore a worthy win and place bet.

Don't think you can take Prime Defender's run in the SC at face value, he was never going, suggesting he either hated the track, or wasn't right.

Jumbajakiba or however you spelt it, ground out a 1/2l success over Al Qasi last time, and that level of form wouldn't get him anywhere near Us Ranger or Marchland D'Or.

That order to finish with Utmost Respect in 3rd for me.

What a horse,
winning this race 3 times and a July cup being ridden by Bonilla and trained by Freddie Head.

What a horse? Great stuff. Do me a fucking favour. This race should never have been upgraded, it`s a Group 2 in everything but name - like the winner.

Last edited:
What a horse? Great stuff. Do me a fucking favour. This race should never have been upgraded, it`s a Group 2 in everything but name - like the winner.

This was Marchand D'Or's fourth Group 1 success. Of European horses currently in training, only Yeats has won more (five). How many does MD'O have to win in order to be recognised as a genuine Group 1 horse?

I don`t care how many Group 1`s he`s won - because they haven`t been true Group 1 races with Group 1 animals. When he has been up against it on the oppo front - Sakhee`s Secret on a going day and Dutch Art in last year`s July Cup he`s been found wanting.

Marchand D'Or has met Sahkee's Secret and Dutch Art on 3 occasions.

His score is 2-1 against each of them.

I know that, but Sakhee`s Secret is a mutt, a dog that is true Group 1 class on his day. Like when he mullared MDor.

Reading this thread today was like listening to the BBC after every Group 1 they ever do - `What a horse`and `Great Stuff`

Give me a break, where`s the critique here. Look at how we all analysed the King George. Are we so used to these sprints being sub-par that it isn`t worth commenting anymore?

But they're not generally sub-par, as I never tire of posting.

The standard of group class sprinters today is significantly higher than it was 40 or so years ago.

I think this is where we fundamentally differ.

I dont think it was a vintage edition, in fact he posted a provisional 120 in my figures when he has posted a better figure in 6 ocasions (123,121,125 122,126 and 124)

I think MD is a better horse than Dutch Art or Sakhees Secret ,
also a big plus is his favour is that he is able to win with Bonilla on, he is not trained either by a genius.

He's won the race three years running. If you think "great stuff" is overdoing it for such an achievement, you must have little appreciation for the sport beyond a betting medium.

But they're not generally sub-par, as I never tire of posting.

The standard of group class sprinters today is significantly higher than it was 40 or so years ago.

That may be the case, but they are sub-par compared to the milers and middle distance horses. There is virtually no gap classwise between the Group sprinters and their handicapping cousins. Whereas it is cavernous at the other distances.

He's won the race three years running. If you think "great stuff" is overdoing it for such an achievement, you must have little appreciation for the sport beyond a betting medium.

I appreciated Yeats and shouted him on at Goodwood. These sprinters leave me cold however.

Back