Punchestown Day 3

Interesting to see Bensalem entered over hurdles. Wonder what the likelihood of him running would be.

Quevega really is a fascinating runner tomorrow - I think she is open to plenty of improvement over this trip and she will be very hard to beat provided she does not bounce after her run at Cheltenham.

I love Quevega (i think that's been established) and I hope she's back to her very best, I think on her 2009 running she should have won the Cheltenham race by further than she did. She was held up out the back over 2m 5f in France last year and although she ran on she didn't ever look like getting into the race. It's dangerous to take it all at face value and she does travel exceptionally well in her races, she gets all the usual allowances and ran Solwhit and Punjabi to under 3 lengths in the 2m race last year :)

Going tomorrow -won a few quid today and will be place laying Riverside Theatre d
for most of the profits .

the 3mile hurdle race is certainly a fascincating one. I've been following Noble prince for a long time and will give him one further chance tomorrow 14s. Karabek should win this race though imo.

What about the novice chase? Captain Cee Bee is impossible to have alot of confidence in given his vessel bursting experience at Cheltenham and his past problems.

Mourad is a shocking price today for me. Race fell into his lap at Fairyhouse last time and none of his form entitles him to be anything under 7's or so for this in my book. Quevega probably wins if she stays but I've gone e/w small stakes on both Oscar Dan Dan (why do I keep doing this to myself?) and Powerstation in the hope that Kayf Aramis and Bertie's Dream set a strong gallop, which should suit both.

Osana looks a fair price in the novice chase. For all that he will probably find the trip on the sharp side, his form credentials are solid and he deserves to win one of these. The type of race that could see Captain Cee Bee look a massive prize in hindsight.

Just looking through the handicaps and Cloughmile is a mare that caught my eye as making rapid improvement in her last two runs. Up 10lbs for winning a very decent mares hurdle over a trip I thought would be short of her best. The step back up to 3 miles should certainly suit and though the ground is something of an unknown I can see her improving again and running a decent race.

What do you make of Sports Line today, Gal?

Osana looks a fair price in the novice chase. For all that he will probably find the trip on the sharp side, his form credentials are solid and he deserves to win one of these. The type of race that could see Captain Cee Bee look a massive prize in hindsight.

Osana has had too much racing for me having run at both Cheltenham and Aintree and Riverside Theatre surely needs a lot further and shouldn't be favourite. I'm taking a chance with the Captain.

Mourad is a shocking price today for me. Race fell into his lap at Fairyhouse last time and none of his form entitles him to be anything under 7's or so for this in my book. Quevega probably wins if she stays but I've gone e/w small stakes on both Oscar Dan Dan (why do I keep doing this to myself?) and Powerstation in the hope that Kayf Aramis and Bertie's Dream set a strong gallop, which should suit both.

QUOTE]

It takes a certain amount of faith alright but I think he could be top class and might give big bucks a race next year.

Bensalem more than a fair each way price for the 3m hurdle. A poor season for King but there's been nothing wrong with the engine on this horse all year, his jumping has been the problem. Rated 150 over hurdles last year i don't think there's any doubt he's progressed. While i think there's probably one or two classier hurdlers in the field, i think Bensalem has very decent place claims.

Thin Osana has had a busy few weeks. Against him today

Fair point, but his form credentials look fairly solid. I'm happy enough to take on Riverside Theatre and Psycho on what they've achieved so far. If Captain Cee Bee came back to his best he could make 4's look a massive price with the benefit of hindsight, though he surely has serious questions to answer after the Arkle.

At a bigger price I think Archie Boy will run a decent race. Ran a cracker at Aintree and shaped as if he would appreciate a more galloping track (which I didn't necessarily think previously) when given a shocker of a ride from Davy Russell.

Karabek should win this race though imo.

What are the vibes coming out of the King camp? I was on him for the World Hurdle but in the previews I read all Alan could go on about was what an each way price Katchit was, he clearly didn't fancy Karabak at all.

Taken some 25/1 about Oh Jackie in the La Touche Cup -impressed with her CD win in the race two years ago and she has similar form this season as she did prior to that win. Decent jockey on board too though as always the Bolger horses and Wedger Pardy will be tough to beat.

Very impressed with Quevega there - won with relative ease. I think someone mentioned earlier in the year that winning a Grade 1 makes a mare ineligible for the David Nicholson race at Cheltenham so will be interesting to see whether they target her at the World Hurdle in 2011 or retire her.

Back