Punchestown Day 3

More style over substance with a lot of horses that aren't Grade 1 class close up. Hard to think she's improved there and even with the mares allowance looks still some 10 lb or so shy of Big Bucks. Also has an advantage of being fresher than most there too.

I thought she was very impressive - she is an awesome jumper. Hopefully take on Big Bucks next year.

Sportsline looks in magnificent shape on the box - Pscyho looks a real athlete too.

I think they might have been tangled up in each other rather than anything too serious - I hope so anyway....

Oh, no, not dear Brendan's OPENIDE! He thinks the world of this little horse, as do I. He's always a glass half-full fellow when it comes to his horses, bless him, and this has been his wee star. I do hope there's good news about him, that it's just a twang and nothing horrible. Brendan is a sweetheart, he doesn't deserve any cruelty.

I left a message for a certain lady photographer we know on her Facebook page Krizon so hopefully as and when she sees it she can maybe tell us more. Hope to God he's okay for all concerned as he's a real pet isn't he?

Oh, well done, Soba, and thanks. He really is a pet - tiny but such a tidy little jumper. Doesn't mind scritching away near the back and then gradually coming past those blowing-up, shortening, generally getting conked out. Brendan will be in tears if it's not good news, that's for sure. "Awwwwhhh, the little failah, the little failah, Jahn, he's all haaart, y'know, all haaart." (My best effort at Brendan praising his little lad.)

I thought that Quevega was very impressive, she jumped great and was always cruising.

It was lovely too to see Captain Cee Bee win after his problems at Cheltenham.

Was by the parade ring and about to post that the JP gang looked like they meant business before the novice race when I got a phone call and had to abandon ship.I didn't back it myself either but had place laid River Theatre for enough to make me twitchy.
While a day at the races can be very enjoyable it can be the nearest thing to hell when you are chasing.

Was he kicked on the ground, Gal? That'll be a shame if he can't ride - it's got to be the meeting Irish jockeys want to shine at the most, surely, and to be sidelined must be wretched.

If anyone at the course can find Brendan, can they ask him to let us know how little OPENIDE is, please?

By TONY O'HEHIR 11:03AM 23 APR 2010
RICHARD JOHNSON replaces Barry Geraghty on Punjabi in the Rabobank Champion Hurdle at Punchestown on Friday.
Geraghty will be out of action for at least a week with a swollen left thigh following a fall from Riverside Theatre five fences from home in the Ryanair Novice Chase at Punchestown on Thursday.
Dr Adrian McGoldrick, chief medical officer with the Turf Club, said on Friday morning: " Barry got a nasty kick and left the track last night with a dead leg.
" However, around midnight his thigh swelled up and he went to hospital. He was discharged this morning but he has a massive haematoma on his thigh and will be out of action for a week or so."
McGoldrick added: " Barry was lucky not to have been concussed as the top of his helmet was shattered."

Back