Punchestown Festival

Again work dependent but i am hoping to definately make it one if not two of the days. May stay over in Naas for a night or two if time allows it.

Possibly but more likely for the two day Down Royal meeting in November (come on Kauto !) as well as Fairyhouse, Thurles and Navan.

I'll be there on Friday. Might have a runner in the Land Rover earlier in the week but travelling on business that week so won't see it.

Walking distance but not easy walking distance!!

Actually now that I think of it there is probably a bus going from Dublin straight to the races. If not and you had to get to Naas (or indeed if you staying in Naas) there will be loads of buses/taxis going out to the course which is around a 5-10 min drive.

Walking distance but not easy walking distance!!

Actually now that I think of it there is probably a bus going from Dublin straight to the races. If not and you had to get to Naas (or indeed if you staying in Naas) there will be loads of buses/taxis going out to the course which is around a 5-10 min drive.

Thanks !- sounds like quite an effort . I should love to go one year but work gives me no chance this year

Any forum members planning on attending this year? Any from the UK travelling over?

I would love to go as went to Leopardstown 1st visit to Ireland and had a fantastic time, will definatly try my hardest to get there! If I can only get there for 2 days what 2 days are the best? The final 2 days?

I would love to go as went to Leopardstown 1st visit to Ireland and had a fantastic time, will definatly try my hardest to get there! If I can only get there for 2 days what 2 days are the best? The final 2 days?

First two really. Tuesday is Kerrygold chase day (2 mile) and Wednesday is Gold cup day

Just negotiated a trip & will be coming over Tues-Thurs

Flights don’t look like being a problem (Gatwick-Dublin £7.99 with Ryanair ) but would appreciate any advice on where to stay
My wife’s coming along (she’ll only do one days racing) so am not sure whether to head to Dublin or hire a car and book a place in the country. I’m not quite up to K Club prices but happy to pay for a something half decent. Any thoughts on where to go?

Cheers

Just negotiated a trip & will be coming over Tues-Thurs

Flights don’t look like being a problem (Gatwick-Dublin £7.99 with Ryanair ) but would appreciate any advice on where to stay
My wife’s coming along (she’ll only do one days racing) so am not sure whether to head to Dublin or hire a car and book a place in the country. I’m not quite up to K Club prices but happy to pay for a something half decent. Any thoughts on where to go?

Cheers

http://www.punchestown.com/racecourse/accommodation.asp

Full listings there...any queries let me know.

A special preview of the 2009 Punchestown National Hunt racing festival will be broadcast on TV3 this Saturday, 25th April at 1.30pm.
There will also be two repeat screenings, the first following Nightly News with Vincent Browne on Monday night, 27th April with a further chance to see the preview programme on Channel 3e on the first day of the festival, Tuesday, 28th April at 12noon.

Back