Punchestown Wednesday

sunybay

At the Start
I would thank the report of the weather for Wednesday.

Neptune collonges looks very solid in the big race.

Quite a few in the big race I could see running badly so it might be worth taking a chance on Sher Beau to get placed. On a more sensible note, I would fancy Mossbank to turn over Neptunes Collognes if he runs his race, although he is one that I'd have doubts about.

Lenrey looks to have a straightforward opportunity in the novice chase, but I don't think he's necessarilly a straightforward horse. I haven't seen any prices yet, but anything over 5/2 would do.

Prince Erik looks a bit on the paceless side now. Looking at the result you wonder how he managed to get beaten the last day at Tipperary. Looking at the race with half a mile to go, you wonder how he managed to come so close to winning. He might be worth giving one last chance, although maybe it's a case of Weld + McCoy = Bad Value.

If form means anything, surely Neptune Collonges is the bet of the meeting?

Oedipe is seriously unexposed with McCoy up in the 4.50 although Royal Heritage looks a serious threat off a feather weight for the champion trainer elect.

I think Corskeagh Royale can reverse form with Cousin Vinny in the bumper, as I think he needs holding up longer and Nina Carberry can deliver him late.

I agree re Dosco in the first.

Neptune Collonges had a hard race at Cheltenham but has only had three runs so far this season. Presumably they started him late because they had today's race in mind. Moss Bank hasn't been over-raced this season either, though, and could be better suited by the extra distance of today's trip. I will enjoy watching without a bet, which will also leave me free to get sentimental about Kicking King if he should happen to produce.

Oedipe looks to have a decent chance as well.

Today really seems to be just about the one race. Nice to see Got Attitude again franking the form of that Leopardstown maiden hurdle.

Will be interesting to see the tactics in Neptune Collonges vs Mossbank. Nervous about Kicking King though, hope all goes to plan with him.

How's she cuttin should be worth a little each way in the next at Nottingham. She's pretty much exposed and does have the odd problem with the stalls, but she's fit and well and looks a big price at 9/1.

I know its easy to have a go after the event, and I honestly didnt read his piece before the race, but whatever final shreds of respect I have for Tom Segal have been well and truly extinguished by his selection of Kicking King in todays big race.

As someone who has has more infleunce on the market than anyone, he is in an exalted position amongst racing tipsters (and he did tip Twist Magic at 3s yesterday), but Neptune Collonges was avialable with Paddy power at 13/8 last night and 6/4 this morning (I'm presuming at the time of writing) yet Tom Segal dismisses Neptune Collonges's chances because he is too short, at 5/4.

I have one question for Segal is what price would he have priced up Neptune Collonges at? 2/1?

To me, he is writing these previews on the jacks while waiting for the plaudits to come in. You arent fooling me anymore, Segal.

Yipeeee!!!! He did it! I LOVE Cousin Vinny! He is actually related to a racehorse we had as a pet with friends as an ex racehorse, if you know what I mean. Was called Hidebound. And he reminds me of him too.

Thrilled for connections, we were with them when he won at Cheltenham and thought they would die of a heart attack - this will mean a lot to them too. :clap:

I hope this horse can progress and turn out as good over obstacles as he is on the flat. Go Vinny! :luv:

Just saying on ATR there that the losing jockeys in the bumper thought it was an excellent race, one even said it was the best bumper he'd ridden in. General consensus is that Cousin Vinny must be some animal.

Neptune Collonges
didnt need to be at his best to dominate this field easily today, nice horse and the main danger for Denman next season.

Cousin vinny
nice horse, good future, I would like to see him going novice chasing next season but conections thinks about the Supreme Novice Hdl.

By the way, Snowy Morning has probably lost any chance of ever winning an English National with todays performance

Originally posted by Bobbyjo@Apr 23 2008, 06:11 PM
By the way, Snowy Morning has probably lost any chance of ever winning an English National with todays performance
Todays performance wont do him any favours with the handicapper-but still 50K is better then a poke in the eye.I know one of the syndicate believes there is plenty of money to be won at home.

Sorry to be pedantic, Bar, but that was Granger on about Segal.

I was just glad to see Beef or Salmon get round alright today.

If Cousin Vinny is anything like his relative Hidebound he would be a good hurdler. Hidebound could have been brilliant but had a bad fall and was discovered that he had kissing spines.

I like the way he moves and seems to really love racing.

Originally posted by Bobbyjo@Apr 23 2008, 05:58 PM
Just saying on ATR there that the losing jockeys in the bumper thought it was an excellent race, one even said it was the best bumper he'd ridden in. General consensus is that Cousin Vinny must be some animal.
Cousin Vinny has received Timeform's highest ever bumper rating.

Back