Punchestown Wednesday

Who were the non-runners? Betfair have raped me with Rule number 4 again.

When a horse wins by more than say 3 lengths there should be no deductions. That`s the sort of concession bookmakers should be making. Rewarding decent punting rather than pure luck.

Last edited:
I must admit I think Flood gave him way too much to do . I thought he had been pulled up at one stage !!!

Had he been given the same ride Ruby gave Scotsirish, who just was not good enough, I suspect that Schindlers might have gone very close .

Thought Ruby has been at his best the last couple of days - he gave scotsirish a lovely ride and the two Mullins winners .

Notre Pere is a lovely old fashioned chaser - but except in a bog I can't see him getting a top form Kauto off the bit in the GC

Notre Pere is a lovely old fashioned chaser - but except in a bog I can't see him getting a top form Kauto off the bit in the GC

Exactly what his trainer said.

Schindlers Hunt would not have beaten Notre Pere regardless of how he was ridden today. Winner did it very easily.

In the meantime, the likes of Notre Pere and Cooldine will make for an interesting 3 mile chase division in Ireland next season.

Last edited:
Notre Pere is a very good horse, pity Neptune was injured in the gold cup, the Irish Hennessy was a much better race than people thought.

Even bigger pity is the death of Exotic Dancer - on his Lexus form the poor old boy would have won today in a canter .

Maybe Gal - but Schindler Hunt had no chance from that far back . It was a very ill-judged ride !

Anyone who can't see that Schindlers was ridden for prize money worries me.....Schindlers would have finished alongside Imperial Commander if he'd tried to take on Notre Pere.

Even bigger pity is the death of Exotic Dancer - on his Lexus form the poor old boy would have won today in a canter .

Maybe Gal - but Schindler Hunt had no chance from that far back . It was a very ill-judged ride !

Disagree with every word

Exotic on this ground would not have beaten NPere.

Flood ride, good one, maximed the horse chances, good rider.

I did not suggest that he should have been ridden like Imperial Commander - Scotsirish was given every chance to get the trip and to have a go at the leader . If Schindler's Hunt was ridden merely for a place fine then they achieved what they wanted fine but from that far back he was given no chance to win.

As for Exotic Dancer check his record suny - many of his very best performances - the Lexus and the Pillar Chase in 2007 were on very soft ground.

When a horse wins by more than say 3 lengths there should be no deductions. That`s the sort of concession bookmakers should be making. Rewarding decent punting rather than pure luck.

Any chance of expanding on the thought process behind this statement?

Back