Queen Mother Champion Chase

I`m not doing it though - it`s a bit ghoulish.

I can`t resist a place bet on Well Chief though. He`s had a couple of years off before and returned a top class effort.

I would give a lot to see Well Chief on the bridle three out. The thoughts and feelings that would run through you for that split second would be fantastic. If he were still there two out, it would be amazing. I'll leave the dreaming for now and just say I hope he jumps round well and shows some of his old sparkle.

Come on Well Chief!

At the East Garston a number of shrewdies on the panel put up Briarius as the FCT with MM

The year VPU won this I backed Well Chief and they took him off his feet. With most of the jockeys gunning just to place I have a feeling they wont go mad up front. That will suit the old boy.

That's a result will make a lot of people happy! Full mark to the Pipe team, but your heart has to bleed for Well Chief, meeting two freaks the only years he wasn't injured!

That's a result will make a lot of people happy! Full mark to the Pipe team, but your heart has to bleed for Well Chief, meeting two freaks the only years he wasn't injured!

If he`d just stayed on his feet in 2007. Love the horse, saw him at Aintree in 2003.

Time for those in power to up the mighty Moscow a few more pounds

The 184+ Timeform gave him was a massive cop-out that I still don`t understand (last year they gave Zarkava 130+ for her Arc win and she`s rated 133) That said, I wouldn`t ratchet MF up too much and to be fair to them, Timeform have always had Kauto Star on a higher rating.

I love the way Master Minded is now suddenly getting lazy in his old age and not doing much in front!! It was a decent effort, but why not admit he was simply not as impressive as many thought. That's not to say he didn't do it well....its just relative.

Fascinating to see what mark they give MM for that run.

As if that's all that Master Minded is capable of. Come on, Ruby clearly just wanted to get it in the bag, no point in killing the horse when he knows how much better he is.

He's probably learnt from last year, that he doesn't have to go harder than necessary! Sign of maturity? Wonder how many times he will be Champion Chaser?

As if that's all that Master Minded is capable of. Come on, Ruby clearly just wanted to get it in the bag, no point in killing the horse when he knows how much better he is.

Of course that is not all he is capable of. But he was ridden out from after the last and just stayed on well. But it was all he was capable of on the day....he won at Ascot far easier and further with little effort asked.

Back