Quizz : best Timeform rating on debut by a 2-y-o

Those two were mine EC but sounds like they are too obvious by what LBM is saying.

Who is Apollo?!! (just kidding Suny, good try but no cigar)

ok, ok, I will give you some clues:

One of them has got a name with some Australian connections.
Another one has got a very similar name to a stable mate who was a pretty good stayer.
The last one was running over hurdlers earlier this year.

Easy peasy !!

To earn a rating that high, one suspects you can reverse engineer it a bit. The horse must have won a Gp1 from October onward

That makes a lot of sense Warbler.

Between the 3, the best race they could win was a G3 after those debuts.:lol:

Try and remember what Jim McGrath always used to get orgasmic about then. Wasn't he a big Rip Van Winkle fan? Eagle Mountain ran a fast time didn't he, (and won jack)

hang about didn't Abraham Lincoln run over hurdles earlier this year? Mind you, I'm useless for remembering horses names correctly, if all horses were assigned a number I'd stand a chance

Last edited:
Is the pretty good stayer Rite of passage? If so, who sounds similar to him?

I will come back tomorrow night and let you know as you lot are clearly no good !!!!:cool:

I completely failed to read the 'on debut' bit (not sure it helps me though) there was some O'Brien hot pot that went hurdling and flopped a few ago wasn't there. Thimk it was going for the Triumph but never lined up in the end

I've got a recollection that Famous Name ran a fast time as a 2yo

Last edited:
Yes, that's one of them.

Fonz, the stayer I was talking about won a couple of G3 races. His name is AAAAAA BBBBBBBBB. A few years earlier, another horse called BBBBBBBBB from the same yard won his maiden and TF rated his performance 110 or higher.
The last one was owned by Sheikh Mohammed.

Yes, that's one of them.

Fonz, the stayer I was talking about won a couple of G3 races. His name is AAAAAA BBBBBBBBB. A few years earlier, another horse called BBBBBBBBB from the same yard won his maiden and TF rated his performance 110 or higher.
The last one was owned by Sheikh Mohammed.

So the stayer with the similar name is Ernest Hemingway?

Well done Fonz
There you have it. According to Timeform, the best four debuts in England or Ireland by a 2-y-o this century are Dubai Prince, Great Barrier Reef, Galileo and Hemingway, all rated 110 or higher.

Last edited:
Back