Rachel Alexandra

How does she win a race like that by over nineteen lengths, in a stakes record time, despite having only two opponents and being eased for most of the last furlong?
These questions are only asked of great horses :)

Now to prove her greatness whack her in a handicap so she can give weight away and become better than Arkle :)

Rachel racing this Sunday in the Haskell Invitational. I thought it would be another glorified public workout for Rachel until I saw Munnings. He could be something special..

Haskell Invitational S. (G1)

1 1/8 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $1,250,000

Post # Horse Jockey Weight Claim Price Equip. Med.
1 Duke of Mischief Coa E M 118 L
2 Summer Bird Desormeaux K J 122 L
3 Papa Clem Trujillo E 118 L
4 Munnings Velazquez J R 118 L
5 Atomic Rain Bravo J 118 L
6 Rachel Alexandra Borel C H 117 L
7 Bunker Hill Carmouche K 118 Blk-On L

He is all speed Gal - IMO it's one of the worst ideas Pletcher and Coolmore have had with the horse, he looked all speed last year and the same is true this.

Bunker Hill is my idea of a decent outside bet.

I think her trainer said she will not run on anything but dirt which rules out the Breeders Cup.

She won't run at the BC as her owner (who was a great fan of synthetics when they came in) has spat his dummy out over Curlin getting beaten last year and despite buying Rachel to run in all the best races he's decided to stick on the East Coast.

Would fear Zenyatta who's likely to go in the race and Well Armed who's a synthetic's horse despite last years Dirt Mile debacle.

Last edited:
Wish there was another runner - 100/1 about Bunker Hill is too big, absolutely scintillating works in the blinkers (first time he wears them Sunday).

Of the two firms who've priced it up I'd say Ladbrokes are closer to the mark, particularly with the second and third in. Munnings on the times i've seen him has looked an out and out sprinter - maybe get a mile at most whilst Summer Bird stays all day.

Race run at a lunatic pace-winner was 150 on betfair before the race-not bad for a Steve Asmussen trained animal.

special and the prices the bookies were offering early in the week were insane. Burnt fingers!

Back