Racing Post Trophy

I'm massively against the favourite as I have stated on numerous threads. He has an awful lot of hype to live up too and the price is quite simply scandalous.

Are you for real? Mythical gamble during the week. There has been no real money for the horse. He's a lay.

Is that right though? He has a monstrous reputation. Who are you going to back or just lay Camelot - I read somewhere today that Corals book Is 90% filled with Camelot

Last edited:
So they have 10k in the book and 9k on Camelot? Betting on races like this only takes off on the day and Camelot may very well be heavily backed but it will be because he is favourite and who trains him not because he is a superstar. I would back Fencing to beat him but a straight lay at under 6/4 is a gift.

Last edited:
You are violently against him SC and have been for sometime. You have waited for this day as eagerly as the WC Cycling and we all know what happened there. The depth of positions taken like this is what makes the forum for me. I am now convinced he will be beat out of sight!:cool:

I was only saying the other day how well handicapped that All Approved looks off 76....

Serious performance. Hard luck Gearoid, you took an stance and you were willing to stand it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. That was unreal though, Young O Brien was so full of confidence on it.

It was so similar to St Nicholas Abbey's performance. They won't make the same mistake of trying to take in the Guineas. Next time we will see him will probably be the Derrinstown Derby trial.

I'm shocked to see him quoted at 5/1 for the Guineas. I know they are a poor bunch of 2yo this year but surely Epson will be the plan?

I sympathize SC-my ongoing dispute with Betfair saved me-when I saw 1.85 to lay I was trying to work out how much I could lay him for.

I really loved that performance. I've seen far more stupid short prices for a classic. I see no reason to give up on the Guineas.

Those sort of stats don't count once you have seen the race. At the start of September it's fair enough to say Racing Post winners don't win Guineas. Once the race has been run it becomes irrelevant. It was won by a classy, pacey, turn-of-foot performance, as opposed to classic, dour, middle distance staying performances as have normally been the case in recentish times. I'm sure (well I guess) El Gran Señor won a race that few or no guineas winners have won.

Last edited:
Back