Racing Today

Eddie Fremantle said something that was completely wrong about Delegator ! End of story - as Galileo points out the fact that he generally talks such good sense is why such a daft remark stuck out like a sore thumb .

I see Ballyhaunis won today (did not even realise he was running!)...impressive?

Won easily at the end costing me a four figure sum.His early flat form with New Zealand reads well but there is definitely a kink in the horse and there will be other days to get the money back.

Sir Gerry may have to have one of those net muzzles fitted like Arcadian Heights had to.

Worst biter of all I remember was mad Marinsky in 1977 . Trained by MVOB and ridden by Lester . Most notably taking lumps out of Relkino in the Diomed . He was then disqualified when winning the July Cup by some way after doing a Fleeting Spirit swerve and badly hampering Gentilhombre . I thought he turned out to have a brain tumour and died not long after as a result but it appears that it was a twisted gut .

Last edited:
SIR GERRY - not related to the fearsome MOONAX, is he? Remember him gnashing at his opponent, on another time apparently breaking someone's arm, and beating up his groom. Not one to have offered Polos to, unless on the end of a long stick.

No, Delegator won the Celebration by one and a half lengths.

That was a schoolboy error down to laziness - without clicking on the race, the RP database says 8 1/4l. When you click on the race, it says 1 1/2l. I didn't think I remembered such an annihilation but didn't bother checking..

Last edited:
Back