Raspberry cords

krizon

At the Start
I've forgotten on which thread Shadow Leader mentioned friends looking for raspberry cords to besport themselves in at Cheltnum, but I think I've found some at www.cottontraders.co.uk/menstrousers - the colour is described as 'red berry' and it's pretty eye-popping. They also do a brick, navy, black, and a silvery grey in loads of lengths and sizes, and cost a measly little £28. 97% cotton, 3% Elastane for the little bit of give when they fall arse-over-tit outside the owners' bar... :D

Last edited:
sickbag%20man%20in%20plane_320.jpg

Well said Simon. Frankly,although I generally oppose dress codes raspberry cords should be banned

:lol::lol:

Very good, Simon! I'm with you on that - especially when they're teamed with mustard tweed and tasselled, self-consciously scuffed loafers...

Perhaps they could be sent to the racecourse office at Cheltenham, to await pick-up? No, seriously!

No, Euro - I think both Grey and Cantoris can be seen lounging casually in the owners' bar...

Dave Yates was wearing an equally repellent pair of mustard coloured trousers on RUK today . :mad:

There's some fetching flat-fronted red washed canvas chinos in the cheltenham fashion preview in this week's horse and hound. Bargain at sixty quid :P

Bar... mustard or raspberry? Or perhaps a fetching heavy cord mustard jacket over needlecord raspberry pants? Open-neck Tattersall cream/brown check shirt with rumpled orange cravat, and heather-mix shooting cap? Finished with jokey socks in pink-and-green stripes?

And who says only the Italians have any dress sense?

Superb - thanks for that, Kri!!!! I shall pass it on.... :D

For those that maybe don't quite 'get it', the two friends I have who want to purchase some want to wear them for tongue in cheek purposes.

Bar... mustard or raspberry? Or perhaps a fetching heavy cord mustard jacket over needlecord raspberry pants? Open-neck Tattersall cream/brown check shirt with rumpled orange cravat, and heather-mix shooting cap? Finished with jokey socks in pink-and-green stripes?

And who says only the Italians have any dress sense?

Would the birds go mad for that Kri????;)

Shadz: Ed Arkell, Clerk at Brighton and Fontwell Park (and cruising around Goodwood's parade ring last year, too) wears excruciating socks - including those I've mentioned. I found a couple of catalogues carrying some vividly-striped/dotted ones and he threatened to buy some! Otherwise, to be seen in a sober wool suit.

OTB - birds would flock to you like pigeons to peanuts, I have absolutely no doubt. They'd assume you were a rich eccentric with a massive house in the country and a brace of Bentleys. You could play that game until you'd had your wicked ways and then toodle home in the 1995 Fiesta...

Last edited:
Hmmmm, talking socks, that makes me think I might have to wear my raspberry/purple striped ones one day next week....

Back