Rest of Epsom

Haven't really had time to look at the rest of the card in any depth but there looked to be an abundance of pace in the 10 furlong handicap. Might be interesting from a pace angle.

Did the race set up for the hold-up horses? Don't have any pictures but result seems to suggests it did?

I think there's plenty of pace on and most of it is drawn low. Of the horses in stalls 1-9 I think eight of them are happiest when forcing things. Captain Dunne is interesting from stall ten but it was a bit disappointing for me that he didn't win at Thirsk considering he bagged the rail and only had Fol Hollow to chase down. The one that stands out is Oldjoesaid who ran a cracker from stall 1 last year. He's 6 lb lower this time around, has a grand draw in 7 if the pace plays out like I think it will, and whilst Spencer isn't everyone's cup of tea, I think he rides big-field straight track races better than anyone. The York run suggested Oldjoesaid is slowly coming back to form and I think he's the one they all have to beat.

Back