Ripon and Redcar

RIP 4.05 RIPON BELL-RINGER HANDICAP (CLASS 2) (3yo+ 0-100) Winner £15,563 8 runners 1m4f10y Good ATR
[TABLE="width: 695"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]NO.[/TD]
[TD]FORM[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]HORSE[/TD]
[TD]AGE[/TD]
[TD]WGT[/TD]
[TD]TRAINER RTF%[/TD]
[TD]JOCKEY[/TD]
[TD]OR[/TD]
[TD]TS[/TD]
[TD]MON
(108+?)[/TD]
[TD]Notes[/TD]
[TD]RPR[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4[SUP]2[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]065543[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Sennockian Star[SUP]19[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]9-4[/TD]
[TD]Mark Johnston[SUP]53[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]Franny Norton[/TD]
[TD]88[/TD]
[TD]87[/TD]
[TD]107[/TD]
[TD]e
111 A[/TD]
[TD]102[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1[SUP]5[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]8-2110[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Jaameh[SUP]21[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]10-0[/TD]
[TD]Mark Johnston[SUP]53[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]Dane O'Neill[/TD]
[TD]98[/TD]
[TD]90[/TD]
[TD]105[/TD]
[TD]+p[/TD]
[TD]103[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3[SUP]4[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]702201[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Mukhayyam[SUP]8[/SUP]p[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]9-4[/TD]
[TD]Tim Easterby[SUP]50[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]David Allan[/TD]
[TD]88[/TD]
[TD]86[/TD]
[TD]105[/TD]
[TD]p?[/TD]
[TD]103[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5[SUP]3[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]65424-[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Mustaaqeem[SUP]339[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]9-4[/TD]
[TD]Richard Fahey[SUP]64[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]Tony Hamilton[/TD]
[TD]88[/TD]
[TD]83[/TD]
[TD]105[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]105[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2[SUP]7[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]11500[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Corton Lad[SUP]21[/SUP]tp[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]9-6[/TD]
[TD]Keith Dalgleish[SUP]44[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]Rowan Scott[SUP]5[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]90[/TD]
[TD]88[/TD]
[TD]104[/TD]
[TD]p?[/TD]
[TD]103[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6[SUP]6[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]122124[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Kensington Star[SUP]21[/SUP]p[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]9-4[/TD]
[TD]Keith Dalgleish[SUP]44[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]Jason Hart[/TD]
[TD]88[/TD]
[TD]87[/TD]
[TD]104[/TD]
[TD]p? t[/TD]
[TD]101[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8[SUP]8[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]33137-[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Henry Smith[SUP]270[/SUP]eb[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]8-13[/TD]
[TD]John Weymes[/TD]
[TD]Lewis Edmunds[SUP]5[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]83[/TD]
[TD]78[/TD]
[TD]104[/TD]
[TD]p +? y[/TD]
[TD]105[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7[SUP]1[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]0-5622[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Fleeting Visit[SUP]24[/SUP]p[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]9-0[/TD]
[TD]Eve Johnson Houghton[SUP]57[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]John Fahy[/TD]
[TD]84[/TD]
[TD]80[/TD]
[TD]103[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]103[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

(The MON - MyOwN ratings - column and the one after it are the ones I base my conclusions on.)

I have a soft spot for this race given its history and it tends to be targeted by decent horses - Soldier In Action and Penhill are past winners – so it’s usually worth a look. Sennockian Star is running more consistently these days but at a lower level than in his pomp. He looks more of a marker or pacemaker for Jaameh who disappointed in the Northumberland Plate but whose curve going into that race looked dangerous. Mukhayyam was quite impressive last week and might be back on a curve. I can’t muster up too much enthusiasm for anything else so feel obliged to go with Jaameh. The price is borderline value but I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up going off at 6/4.

Last edited:
The 9 year old, formerly with John Best, Stone of Folca, is back tomorrow in the 4:30 for his new trainer Lucinda Egerton, after a two year absence.

I'm keeping an eye on the betting to see if it's fancied.
The fact its won twice before first-time-out is what makes it of interest.

Having said this, I'm on a proper shite run with trying to find value outsiders.
My strike rate isn't the cleverest, so it might be best to swerve this.

Last edited:
I have a soft spot for this race given its history and it tends to be targeted by decent horses - Soldier In Action and Penhill are past winners – so it’s usually worth a look. Sennockian Star is running more consistently these days but at a lower level than in his pomp. He looks more of a marker or pacemaker for Jaameh who disappointed in the Northumberland Plate but whose curve going into that race looked dangerous. Mukhayyam was quite impressive last week and might be back on a curve. I can’t muster up too much enthusiasm for anything else so feel obliged to go with Jaameh. The price is borderline value but I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up going off at 6/4.

Jaameh ended up very weak (not even fav) and never got into it. I imagine he'll turn up at Goodwood and put up a totally different performance.

The 9 year old, formerly with John Best, Stone of Folca, is back tomorrow in the 4:30 for his new trainer Lucinda Egerton, after a two year absence.

I'm keeping an eye on the betting to see if it's fancied.
The fact its won twice before first-time-out is what makes it of interest.

Having said this, I'm on a proper shite run with trying to find value outsiders.
My strike rate isn't the cleverest, so it might be best to swerve this.

Good luck, I wouldn't have minded being on when he won the Epsom Dash at 50/1 :whistle:

Danny Tudhope comes in for the ride on Howarth in the 3.30 - looks to be needing this step back up to 7f and quicker ground, Competitive race but looks sure to be there at the line on recent form.

Good luck, I wouldn't have minded being on when he won the Epsom Dash at 50/1 :whistle:
I was about to complain about the three non runners leaving a field of six, but he's drifted to such a big price, (25/1), that it makes up for losing one of the places in the each way market. I'll have a sporting interest but nothing more.

Back