Road to the 2013 Gold Cup

By far the most interesting thing:

"After that we'll probably take him to England for something, bring home again and then go back for the big one."

King George?

There could easily be a decent Irish representation this year. Gigginstown would be mad not to send one (or more) over for it.

They think they will bring him to England for something. Hennessy?

Very much like Flemenstar alot

Other Irish horses I like for next season in staying chases

Sir Des Champs
Last Instalment
Hidden Cyclone

By far the most interesting thing:

"After that we'll probably take him to England for something, bring home again and then go back for the big one."

King George?

There could easily be a decent Irish representation this year. Gigginstown would be mad not to send one (or more) over for it.

Have always thought that SDC would be more of a Kempton horse if Gig were sending one over

Not read anything, granger, but Hidden Cyclone will love the step-up in trip and the hurly-burly of a big handicap chase, imo. I think he can get into the Hennessy quite cheaply, myself, as I think he's got lots more to offer than he was placed to show last season.

I like this horse a lot, and whilst his stamina isn't proven, I think he's an ideal type for Newbury.

Could we not even wait till after the Arc????

denied.gif

Last edited:
I know, Grassy's reappeared and there are NH threads all over the place!!

Kauto et al can wait. Let's enjoy what could be a defining period in flat racing.

Not read anything, granger, but Hidden Cyclone will love the step-up in trip and the hurly-burly of a big handicap chase, imo. I think he can get into the Hennessy quite cheaply, myself, as I think he's got lots more to offer than he was placed to show last season.

I like this horse a lot, and whilst his stamina isn't proven, I think he's an ideal type for Newbury.

Agree with all above. Don't know if Hanlon would take the cotton wool off in time to send him over though.

Fair enough but 7/4 might give you lots of bullets if Gigginstown go double or treble handed albeit O'Leary seems the type to only run one.

Fair enough but 7/4 might give you lots of bullets if Gigginstown go double or treble handed albeit O'Leary seems the type to only run one.

Gold Cup is his pinnacle though. With his top horses with different trainers, i'd hope that they would all run.

LI would appear to be more ground dependant than SDC

Back