Road to the 2013 Gold Cup

I'm not convinced that horses finishing so far down the field in the Hennessy, after supposedly being thrown in on the weights, are the type to win a GC.

After watching the Betfair again a few times I've decided Silviniaco Continue is going to win the Gold Cup...

I am. I haven't backed him yet because his price will hold up but the Ryanair form looks even better now than it did at the time.

Good plan Tiggs !
Back in the days of D L Moore with L'Escargot and Tied Cottage they rarely won between Cheltenham festivals yet were the horses to beat come the day.
LW was having his first handicap run on quicker than used to ground ridden by a jockey who did not know him and the fallen horse did him no favours.
He must improve a stone (at least ) but race looks wide open at this stage.

I am. I haven't backed him yet because his price will hold up but the Ryanair form looks even better now than it did at the time.

The lack of improvement from his first run to Down Royal would have to concern you slightly. The Ryanair form is looking bombproof now though...

Yeah, he was disappointing at Down Royal but it did sort of take him a couple of runs to get going last season as well.

FL's trainer is a great man for having them right come Cheltenham.

I wouldn't be overly downbeat on what he's shown this season so far.

After watching the Betfair again a few times I've decided Cue Card is going to win the Gold Cup...

Yep

More I look round the rest of the field the more this makes perfect sense. To my mind you are only backing against the extra 2f otherwise his class and ability stands out. There was not the slightest hint at the end of the betfair that he was stopping

I also can't get out of my mind that race he gave SS.

How bobs worth is fav after that disturbing run is beyond me.

just give it to bobs worth already, nothing out there can touch him, guessors the lot of ya.

Some of the jumps First Lieutenant put in down the back at Leopardstown were absolutely mighty. Absolutely love the horse.

I've backed him for the Lexus the last two years and he's broken my heart. Had a theory that himself and the Casey horse went for home too soon last year and got swallowed up, but after this year I just don't think he saw out the trip off a modest gallop (albeit in testing ground).

If next year's Lexus by some miracle comes up good ground I will no doubt be on him again, but I just cannot see him getting home over 3m2f at Cheltenham.

Some of the jumps First Lieutenant put in down the back at Leopardstown were absolutely mighty. Absolutely love the horse.

I've backed him for the Lexus the last two years and he's broken my heart. Had a theory that himself and the Casey horse went for home too soon last year and got swallowed up, but after this year I just don't think he saw out the trip off a modest gallop (albeit in testing ground).

If next year's Lexus by some miracle comes up good ground I will no doubt be on him again, but I just cannot see him getting home over 3m2f at Cheltenham.

It is very simple - Bob's Worth is a better horse than First Lieutenant . Something I finally learned after the Hennessy having backed the latter twice to beat him .

Back