Road To The Kentucky Derby 2010

Expecting up to four inches of rain tomorrow ..the race will definately be run on a sloppy surface. Wide open race....fav could be 5/1 or more.

He didn't miss him anyway. Real character Borel is. Seems like a genuine nice guy.

I'd love to go to a Kentucky Derby. Seems like a hell of an ocassion in a way that the Breeders Cup etc really isn't.

Wow, great site, Euro. Wish I'd realised that earlier on this evening. Great run by the winner, but crikey, look at ICE BOX come from waaay back along the outside and grab 2nd! There's deep closing, and then there's subterranean closing. Brilliant effort by all the finishers in what they weren't wrong as describing as 'not pretty' conditions. Can you imagine the hue and cry here if we tried to run in that?!

Connections of the 2nd should put up Jamie Spencer next time. Any SP returned by the industry?

Great to watch - thanks for the link! I backed the filly but lost her in a puddle somewhere!

Shame ... he was rated much higher than Super Saver in Pletcher's yard and was getting better with every race.

At least the injury occured when it did and he will have a stud career. A G1 winning son of Giant's Causeway should have no problem getting decent mares.

Preakness on Saturday. Lookin at Lucky has a new jockey M Garcia instead of Garrett Gomez who rides Dublin.

$1,000,000 Preakness Stakes (gr. I, Race 12, 6:12 p.m.), 3YO, 1 3/16 Miles (Dirt)
PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, Trainer, Odds
1. Aikenite (FL), J Castellano, 126, T A Pletcher, 20/1
2. Schoolyard Dreams (KY), E Coa, 126, D S Ryan, 15/1
3. Pleasant Prince (FL), J R Leparoux, 126, W A Ward, 20/1
4. Northern Giant (KY), T J Thompson, 126, D W Lukas, 30/1
5. Yawanna Twist (NY), E S Prado, 126, R E Dutrow Jr., 30/1
6. Jackson Bend (FL), M E Smith, 126, N P Zito, 12/1
7. Lookin At Lucky (KY), M Garcia, 126, B Baffert, 3/1
8. Super Saver (KY), C H Borel, 126, T A Pletcher, 5/2
9. Caracortado (CA), P Atkinson, 126, M Machowsky, 10/1
10. Paddy O'Prado (KY), K J Desormeaux, 126, D L Romans, 9/2
11. First Dude (FL), R A Dominguez, 126, D L Romans, 20/1
12. Dublin (KY), G K Gomez, 126, D W Lukas, 10/1

Lookin at Lucky deserved that

2 First Dude ( 17 hands btw)
3 Jackson Bend

Super Saver well beaten

Last edited:
Laid the winner for a place -didn't fancy him with Gomez riding Dublin.in fairness to the winner he deserved a change of luck.

He did Luke

He really should have won the Breeders Cup Juvenile and the Santa Anita Derby ..bad luck in the Derby too with the number 1 draw.

No Triple Crown Winner once again ..

The best three year old this year would still appear to be Eskendereya (sadly retired) who consistently beat the third horse today Jackson Point by almost 10 plus lengths.

Last edited:
Back