Road To The RSA Chase

Had the bank on Boston Bob at 6/4 to beat Unioniste in a matched bet... bugger :(

5yos have a crap record in this (even when top-rated favourites it seems), Boston had to finish in front!!

Last edited:
Boston Bob showed a turn of foot today that hadn't been apparent in other races this season. No consolation to those scalded today, but he'll have other days.

Boston Bob showed a turn of foot today that hadn't been apparent in other races this season. No consolation to those scalded today, but he'll have other days.

If you watch it back I think Townend is surprised by how well he picks up when asked rounding the bend that he thinks about taking a pull... Not sure he needed to cut across the whole field. Either way you have to stand up to win!

Boston Bob's fall was a sickener, I've not seen him quicken up like that before. Most importantly though, he seems to be safe and sound.

The jockey put Boston Bob on the floor. Watch the head-on, hes all kick, slap, boot him in the ribs and the horse is going "WTF are you on about, what am I supposed to do?" Splat! If he'd left him alone, he wouldn't have confused him.

It'll have to be viewed a few times because my initial impression was he just left zoomed round the turn like a proper good horse. Fantastic engine. Just hit the stop button before the last.

He got to the front much quicker than he expected and panicked a bit I reckon... Jock and horse. LW wasn't beaten when Boston Bob fell though so he wasn't definitely going to win.

Reading these posts last night regarding LW has pulled me out of a hole after PA,big well done to you all or picking him out and thank you.

That's what judges like me are here for. I know how to sell a bet right or wrong :whistle:

Back