Road to the Triumph Hurdle

You'd think Sam Winner would have the better of him though, wouldn't you? Then again, he certainly isn't sure to run in the Triumph.

Table Mountain entered for a 4/5 year maiden hurdle at Thurles this Thursday. He has just about enough time for two runs before the Triumph. Would seriously interest me although Hendersons was impressive today!

He hurdles very nicely. was the only race that could be seen in full at newbury that strange day! tahts half the battle though isnt it?

I've just had a look at yesterday's race and I wasn't impressed.

He missed out one hurdle at least and his head-carriage (too high) suggests to me that he might not enjoy a battle up that hill.

And as the man said what did he beat??:p

A very weak field yesterday but he did it well. I would not write off Sam Winner - he just got stuck in the mud at Chepstow .

I've already backed the winner of the Triumph anyway, although it's still not sure whether he'll run in the Fred Winter. Backed it in both (33s and 16s).

I've already backed the winner of the Triumph anyway, although it's still not sure whether he'll run in the Fred Winter. Backed it in both (33s and 16s).

Come on Dr Who name the horse if you already have your money down .:p

Give me his name Bar the Bull - I will in return give you the name of this season's Premier League winners.

Ah I am only speculating, but Moose Moran is in the right place to be a Triumph horse. He was a good horse for Cecil. He is entered up in a few places in the next week, and is apparently "pleasing connections". But they always say that.

Don't think Table Mountain will be winning even the Scottish Triumph on that evidence.

Local Hero steps up in the Grade 2 Triumph trial tomorrow. Dhaafer paid him a nice compliment by beating a nice horse of Charlie Mann's yesterday. He should go well tomorrow and it will be interesting to see what he finds off the bridle and how much more he actually has to give. There are some nice horses in there and providing the Nicholls horse isn't a machine, he should go close.

Currently best priced at 5/2 by Bet365, I'll wait to see what the prices are like in the morning and probably have a decent bet.

Last edited:
Nice performance that. Probably not the strongest of races but you can't fault his attitude. He would've almost certainly been disadvantaged by the slow-ish pace, but to win a Triumph he'll need to iron out those little jumping mistakes. McCoy at his masterful best.

Ah I am only speculating, but Moose Moran is in the right place to be a Triumph horse. He was a good horse for Cecil. He is entered up in a few places in the next week, and is apparently "pleasing connections". But they always say that.

This chap has been backed down to 16/1 for the Triumph (not by me) in advance of his debut at Sandown tomorrow.

Back