Road to the Triumph Hurdle

Quite taken with the Irish filly, Unaccompanied today - shes a good stamp and will get the mares allowance. Not sure her trainers record at Cheltenham is great though.

I thought Zarkandar was most impressive at Kempton yesterday. I'd backed Third Intention for the Triumph last week on the basis he'd be well suited by a stronger pace and better ground than at Haydock but a line through Kumbeshwar suggests Zarkandar is his superior and there should be plenty of improvement to come from the Nicholls horse too. Decent time as well.

Last edited:
Gus,

I have backed Third Intention myself, I hope in the Triumph he gets a fast pace or learns how to settle. Kumbeshwar didn't run his race yesterday in fairness, connections had to run him in order to get into the Fred Winter. I wouldn't read into the form too literally.

Having said that, Zarkandar was very impressive.

It's a disease Colin, just spelt Binolcuar and Khbyber Kim wrong on another thread asl wekl - msut check spekling mrre ofte,

Funnily enough, same as, Bar. He's the first Triumph horse to interest me as well this season. Nice big powerful animal and looks versatile.

I'll tell you what, if Zarkander wins, I will buy you a drink if we ever meet. If not, I will continue to snipe at you with smart arsed comments for another 5 years.

Back on topic. The other English based horse that might scare some in the race is Trop Fort. Any news on whether he is likely to be given a run in the race?

I was very impressed by Zarkandar. It was a good field and a number of experienced novices with links to the better form were blown away and he saw off Molotof well(albeit Kazzeme ran too badly to be true ).

I like Third Intention too but Tizzard puts me off he lost the horse the race at Haydock last time I felt .

Back