Robin Goodfellow Goes Through Card at Haydock

Five of the seven were the favourites. I've had ancient annual members at Lingfield manage that sort of selecting!

I know him backed him at 66s when he won the racing post tipsters competition,lets just say he may have needed a little help.;)

I know him backed him at 66s when he won the racing post tipsters competition,lets just say he may have needed a little help.;)

Love it! I price the Irish Fiield Naps table and it's funny who bets off who's card! All is not as it seems!

Last edited:
Ive seen him doing a bit in running i don't know if he makes much of a living from betting himself and when they make these picks for the cards i would imagine its a brief look through and bang em out.:whistle:

He won't be there this year had them in a £5 heinz;) or perhaps he didn't back any of them which is much more likely.

It's a funny old culture racing.

You have people on the radio, in the papers, on the TV and all they are interested in is trying to tip winners in order to boost some sort of sick personal desire for reputation and public appreciation, then we have people that flame their inhibitions by topics like this.

The only topics that have 30+ pages wherever I look are only concerned in betting, fights over the best odds, members with a look at me attitude etc.

Would love to see more appreciation for the horses and people doing a proffesional job like Des Scahill whose commentary yesterday goes unnoticed.

VVO: not really - there was one OAP lady who'd already got the first three at Lingfield yesterday when I talked to her, and another, now sadly poorly in her 80s, who used to regularly churn out four from seven every meeting. And they so don't use Excel spreadsheets!

VVO: not really - there was one OAP lady who'd already got the first three at Lingfield yesterday when I talked to her, and another, now sadly poorly in her 80s, who used to regularly churn out four from seven every meeting. And they so don't use Excel spreadsheets!

i don't think that sort of strike rate is really possible without spreadsheets:p

;)

aye ..you'll not beat old lasses for pickin winners..far better than old bettin lads...and they normally smell better too

What a lazy generalisation EC1! I want that statement backed up with stats, spreadsheets, graphs etc etc etc:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sure if they smell (and won't be trying to find out), but there's a trio of old boys straight out of Last of the Summer Wine who come in regularly. One's built like a bull, the other is a long streak, and the other's a little round ball. Their dress sense would get them not just one, but a whole spattering, of orange dots at Ascot! That's certainly one difference between elderlies - the old girls generally try to look a lot smarter than the old buffers, who are unashamed to be seen in what my dear Mama called 'elephant's bum trousers' (now fashionable among some yoofs, but distinctly not on trend in your 80s).

Back