Round of 16

Not a major surprise not renowned for their fortitude.

Surprised in the context of how they were playing. They were looking so comfortable. I just wonder if the near leg-break on one of their players affected them.

2-0 as I type.

Last edited:
Losing one player can have that affect. France not been brilliant but have done job and think they'll be better against better sides. The quarter against Germany should be cracker providing things go to plan

Are these BBC 'pundits' retarded - they are trying to say the Nigerian guy was onside for the disallowed goal!

France are a moderate EPL side. Evra should have been pinned for a first half penalty and the offside was distinctly borderline. On that performance Germany will murder them.

Last edited:
I don't think France will get a look in against Germany but I wouldn't necessarily use one performance in isolation as an indicator of the next one.

I missed the Evra penalty incident and I agree Matuidi should have been red carded. It was a shocking challenge. If an Argentine or Uruguayan had done that it would have been analysed and condemned incessantly.

I don't know what the pundits see in Pogba. He's maybe brilliant at club level but he looks more and more out of his depth as this tournament goes on, despite his goal.

I like this wee Valbuena chappie. Good team player.

The Deschamps clones, Matuidi/Pogba/Valbuena, are the strength of the side. Any defence that includes Debuchy, Koscielny and Evra will not win a World Cup.
I'm still very happy with Brazil at 10/3 and Argentina at 4/1 with money back if they go out on penalties.

Germany v Algeria

Can't see the Algerians troubling a German team who are looking strong for at least a place in the semis but I'm struggling to find a bet I want to make. 4.5+ goals had been 10/1 and 12/1 in a couple of matches so far but is only 4/1 here which doesn't interest me so i'm going to hope for a goal fest and have punted 5.5+ goals at 10/1. The worry is that Germany could go three up and take the foot off the gas.

At least this kind of bet allows me to urge both sides on!

The Germans in bit of bother here and it's down to managerial stubbornness has lahm playing centre mid when he has no full backs on pitch. They're getting ripped down the sides.

Lahm's ego and Low's cowardice to tell him where his best position really should be is going to cost Germany dear...

It will if he doesn't change this. It's amazing they have quality midfielders sitting on bench not like short of options. Ozil bemuses me as well is he good because I can't work it out.

Germany haven't really turned up so far, have they? The odd flash of danger in attack but Algeria are making quite a fist of it.

I suspect as the game wears on Germany will get stronger once Loew has given them the Herr Dreier treatment at halftime. How Algeria cope with a renewed vigour from Germany will be interesting. I'm still shouting both teams on but the bet looks a goner. Trying to think of ways to rescue the stake.

Still nothing in it so I've taken 10/1 Algeria to win in regulation time. In for a penny...

Germany are 1/4 to qualify even as things are. They don't look like 1/4 shots to me.

Still nothing in it so I've taken 10/1 Algeria to win in regulation time. In for a penny...

Germany are 1/4 to qualify even as things are. They don't look like 1/4 shots to me.

You'd be a brave man to take 1/4.

Neuer got red card written all over him at some point.

Plucky defeat coming up.

Yes. That's how it's shaping up. Germany seem happy to let Algeria attack down the flanks as they are clueless about creating danger from there. It's when Algeria break through the middle they look dangerous and Germany seem slow to get the extra man back and as Kauto says there is a chance Neuer will misstime his run at some point.

Germany'd pedestrian defence is due for an absolute paggering. Probably by the French but I'd pay money to see Colombia do them in the semis.

They are so vulnerable to balls played in behind. France should absolutely muller them.

France won't muller anyone.

They have to rely on midfield goals because their strikers are donkeys. Benzema is regressing to the mean :D and Giroud.....nothing really needs to be said:lol:

I hope the South Americans destroy Germany or France

If Algeria had a bit more composure they would have knocked Germany out inside 90 minutes, Khedira alongside Schweinsteiger made a big difference and Germany finally got control of the center of the pitch.

I wouldn't be surprised (if Schweinsteiger has recovered in time) if both started against France with Lahm reverting to full back, but the man of the match by a mile was Muller, the only player that seemed to get stronger the longer the game went on.

Gone for a speculative double today Belgium (-1) & the overs in the Argentina/Swiss game it pays just under 6/1, also backed Hazard to score anytime at 12/5 B365....

France reaching the quarters was a big result for me, could now do with Messi getting another brace tonight for my Messi top scorer & Argentina WC winners bet.

Last edited:
Back