Royal Ascot - Australian horses

I'd forgotton all about Silent Witness, nice to hear about them from time to time,

I take it Living Legends is the Australian version of the US's Old Friends?

I wish we had something like that over here, when you think of the amount of people who ask about retired horses especially the chasers/hurdlers as they are around for longer etc I'm sure there would be plenty of people willing to pay to get into something like that over here!

I'll be the first in the queue!

Some news in international sprint over night, with the running of the Group 1 Kris Flyer Sprinter at Kranji Singapore.

Hong Kong's Green Birdie has defeated local hero Rocket Man, with up and coming sprinter Happy Zero taking out an all Australian-bred trifecta of the renowned sprint race.

Royal Ascot chance and Australian Group 1 sprinter Gold Trail led all the way and was a brave 4th, with leads him in nicely for the Ascot series.

I'd forgotton all about Silent Witness, nice to hear about them from time to time,

I take it Living Legends is the Australian version of the US's Old Friends?

I wish we had something like that over here, when you think of the amount of people who ask about retired horses especially the chasers/hurdlers as they are around for longer etc I'm sure there would be plenty of people willing to pay to get into something like that over here!

I'll be the first in the queue!

Yes it would be the same as Old Friends, but there is also a different criteria for both farms.

Old Friends seems to be more humbling in its approach, and takes pretty much any horse from the track.

Whereas at Living Legends a horse can only acquire a place if they have won 2 or more Group 1 races, over $1 million in earnings or have a Melbourne Cup win.

I believe Old Friends also charges for entry, at Living Legends it is for free.

Living Legends is an absolute MUST for anyone in Melbourne. I have been twice. LOVE Silent Witness, he is just an absolute gem of a horse, so kind and gentle. Whereas another ex Hong Kong stalwart, Bullish Luck is such a pig.

Happy Zero third to Green Birdie in last Sunday's Group 1 Kris Flyer Sprint, will now also be heading to Royal Ascot.

No confirmation that Green Birdie is also heading that way either.

Back