Royal Ascot Competition?

Ted

At the Start
Do you guys fancy taking us on in a Royal Ascot tipping competition?
Usual rules apply, you know, 12 players, £1000 to bet with etc etc

Well you'll need to get a team of 12 together for each day, but it would be good if you did decide to take up the challenge. Our contests go back a very long way, and I think that one year you even came close to winning one of them.

Heh-heh... laughs evilly, recalling winning on the back of horses chosen by themed names! Yes, I'll throw my hat into the ring if we can muster a crew.

Well you'll need to get a team of 12 together for each day, but it would be good if you did decide to take up the challenge. Our contests go back a very long way, and I think that one year you even came close to winning one of them.

it won't be close Ted ..this time :lol:

We'll play - but only if we can have our entire 5000 on Goldikova to win the Queen Anne.

In possibly related news, I doubt SteveM will be taking part. :D

Last edited:
Well if you can muster up a team remember this.
There's no shame in getting totally destroyed by the all star line up FF is likely to put out.

Well if you can muster up a team remember this.
There's no shame in getting totally destroyed by the all star line up FF is likely to put out.

That's what you said before your team one year posted tips evidently purchased from Thommo they were so bad .

So what's the latest. How many of you are interested in this? Can you get together a team of 12?

Well it looks like a few other forums are getting involved so it could be the ultimate inter-forum battle to see who's top tipster. This should be real fun :)

If EC1’s taking part I’d better sign up to give us a chance.:p I’ll be able to post selections Monday night and Friday morning... on course in between.

Ted has decided to make it a 6 man competition, in order to give the smaller forums a chance or fielding a team. However, if you've got 12 you can enter a B team. If not, you can sub throughout the week.

Ted has decided to put his foot down and is saying that you must have a team (or two) confirmed by Monday evening at 7pm or you ain't taking part :D

Looks like you've got a team plus a couple of subs, so I'll notify Ted. Unless you get a flurry by 7pm then you'll be able to get a 2nd team in.

Back