Royal Ascot Competition?

You get £1000 to bet with on tomorrow's racing from Royal Ascot. As far as I know, these bets must be singles, win or e/w.

What time are we closing the comp entries, please? (Is it going to be put somewhere easy to find and track?)

I will find out the full list of rules and post them on here for you all.

Can someone (whoever is running the team) please confirm your full team(s), and tomorrow's entrants and subs, please?

Here are the rules...

Each player can make a maximum of 4 selections, and only one of those selections can be each way.
The same numbered players from all teams, including B teams if they take part, all take each other on, with the player who makes the most money in his or her group scoring the same number of points as the number of teams who take part, ie if there's 6 teams the winner would score 6 points for his team, 2nd would score 5, 3rd would score 4, etc etc down to 1 point.
On top of that the highest scoring player of the day scores 5 bonus points for their team, and the second highest scoring player of the day scores 3 points for their team.

£1000 for each player to bet with, non runners are losers so post reserves, you must gamble all of your money, and any miscalculations will be added or taken from the bet on your first win only selection, or reserve for that selection should it not run. The cut off point for entries is the time of the first race on each day.

No minus figure for losers, so if you have one winning £50 bet on a 3/1 winner, your score will be £200.

Last edited:
It would be nice if ...

We could have selections posted to a holding area, so we don't see anyone else's - then the holding area gets released & all bets are public.

Don't suppose it's do-able, though?

Here are the rules...

Each player can make a maximum of 4 selections, and only one of those selections can be each way.
The same numbered players from all teams, including B teams if they take part, all take each other on, with the player who makes the most money in his or her group scoring the same number of points as the number of teams who take part, ie if there's 6 teams the winner would score 6 points for his team, 2nd would score 5, 3rd would score 4, etc etc down to 1 point.
On top of that the highest scoring player of the day scores 5 bonus points for their team, and the second highest scoring player of the day scores 3 points for their team.

£1000 for each player to bet with, non runners are losers so post reserves, you must gamble all of your money, and any miscalculations will be added or taken from the bet on your first win only selection, or reserve for that selection should it not run. The cut off point for entries is the time of the first race on each day.

No minus figure for losers, so if you have one winning £50 bet on a 3/1 winner, your score will be £200.

Last edited:
If people want to PM me their selections I can put them up shortly after the deadline if FF are happy with that. FF could nominate one person two - I think we can all trust each other!

If people want to PM me their selections I can put them up shortly after the deadline if FF are happy with that. FF could nominate one person two - I think we can all trust each other!

I should have given a reason -- I don't care to see others' selections before I've put mine up ... it puts me off! and I know I would read them!

Also, it would make it more interesting, as you'd probably read all the other selections in one hit.

Gal, can you go on FF and ask Ted about that, please. I have a feeling it'll be best to just stick up a selections thread and let people put them in there though. It's hardly a big problem and it will be a bit of a pain organising the other forums to do this, too.

Last edited:
It's time to select your team for Tuesday, please. If whoever's running your team will select your 6 players and reserves for each team (if you're having two) and then post it in a new thread called something like "Inter Forum Royal Ascot Competition - Tuesday Selections". I will then post across the team to FF for Ted.

OHR, FF 1 + 2, Atacanta and you lot (maybe 2 teams) are playing, sadly TRF wimped out.

Looks like we have 12 definites so far, handful more for some subs and it's 2 teams?

In order of declaration:

mrussell
EC1
krizon
trackside528
Pricewise2008
SteveM
Flame
Steve T
Irish Stamp
Bar The Bull
Hamm
Kauto

Sounds good to me, Steve. If you could possibly try and get a couple involved pretty quickly and then divide them up into two teams for me, that would be very helpful.

Sounds good to me, Steve. If you could possibly try and get a couple involved pretty quickly and then divide them up into two teams for me, that would be very helpful.

Any takers for a Jamie Carragher / Peter Crouch / SWP role for tomorrows Royal Ascot card?!

I'd say just split the Team in half, top 6, bottom 6 and then add a sub to each one, as they come along.

Last edited:
I've set up a selections thread for Tuesday. Would be nice if you could find a couple of reserves in case of no-shows but it's good you've got two teams entered.

Back