Royal Ascot Day 1

you won't have seen Best in his heyday then ...at a time when players kicked the fook out of a player like George

as good as players are today..they wouldn't get the freedom they get now if playing in those days.

someone like Messi..would get kicked out of a game by defenders from the 60s & 70's

I saw George play a number of times ...and all the games whenever they appeared on Match Of The Day..thats still only a fraction of his total games..unlike today where every match is on video.

He had bad games..but when you consider all the available footage of him..there is some exceptional stuff..i've got all his ..available on film..goals.. on the computer.

He is right up there with Messi & Maradonna imo..strong ..brave..incredible pace..ability to run past 3 or 4 players on a regular basis...good with his head..and BOTH feet..there's a novelty in todays game:)

Again..with Lester..how many winners did he ride?..how many are captured?

how many day to day rides are there filmed?..virtually none.

My point on both is..you are making a judgement on very limited evidence..both have only a small % of their output available to watch..what little there is ..is brilliant stuff.

If i randomly pulled out just 50 games of the one of best players today..how many magic moments would there be?...as many as George?...same with jocks..as many as Lester

You are underestimating them both imo

Last edited:
Back