Royal Ascot - Day 3

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
Quiet day tomorrow. I avoid the Gold Cup usually and tomorrow will be no different.

I kind of want to give Coronet another chance In the Ribblesdale as the AOB horse might not like the ground and the Stoute horse

seems priced up on pedigree. However after the ride he gave Queen's Trust today it's tough to rely on Peslier.

Only bets are City of Joy each way in the Britannia at 10s for 5 places and Slim's fancy Son of the Stars at the

same price in an each way double with Mainstream in Friday's Duke of Edinburgh.

Mubtasim ran a nice place for me today.

Another William Haggas horse, Coronut Crème, may be overpriced each way in the 3:40. She's clearly worth more than her current rating of 88. If this filly keeps improving, (I see no reason why she can't), she could be hard to peg back from the front, especially if her jockey can dictate the pace properly.

Benbatl another strong fancy of mine for the boys in blue in the 3:05.

In the final race Pat Cosgrave has a good ride on Bin Battuta. I reckon he's a 100+ plus horse, so well treated on 93 at present.

Last edited:
Defensive after the first 2 days and, on an uninspiring card, will put all my eggs in the Order Of Saint George basket. He's no great price, but is the class horse in the race and over a trip he comes into his own at.

Last edited:
Just wandering thru the tipster's pages, it is striking that both the Channel 4
picks for Day 3 and the Daily Mail's Sam Turner are E X A C T L Y the same,
and even the same nap in Sabador!!!

Is that just a copy-editor's way of getting something into print because they
have lost the original copy???

Interesting...

As always with Ascot, the form is often defeated by the draw, and has been
mainly Stand/High side. The tissue betting for the 5 o'clock at least bears this out.

Last edited:
Mubtasim ran a nice place for me today.

Another William Haggas horse, Coronut Crème, may be overpriced each way in the 3:40. She's clearly worth more than her current rating of 88. If this filly keeps improving, (I see no reason why she can't), she could be hard to peg back from the front, especially if her jockey can dictate the pace properly.

Benbatl another strong fancy of mine for the boys in blue in the 3:05.

In the final race Pat Cosgrave has a good ride on Bin Battuta. I reckon he's a 100+ plus horse, so well treated on 93 at present.

Looking at prices of Coconut Creme (28/1) and Bin Battuta (20/1) I'd be more than happy if they got placed. That might be the best I can hope for.

Will Coconut Creme stay?

Despite my earlier ground misgivings I've taken 4s about Alluringly, want to be against Mori.

I don't know mate I got a feeling I might get a good run for my coin with Coconut Creme being a prominent racer. That'll do for me. I had no idea about the others truth be told so happy enough to have a sporting interest on Coconut.

Last edited:
Copied from the Gallops thread

William Haggas

Friday 16th June – Al Bahathri

Coconut Creme (led), On Her Toes (Pat Cosgrave)(impressed) – 7f
- A nice piece of work and On Her Toes looked in very good form as she stretched 2L clear under a hand ride. She has been aimed at the Sandringham for sometime and should have a big chance, Coconut Creme who is entered in the Ribblesdale was just found out for speed.

Excellent Forum btw :)

Copied from the Gallops thread

William Haggas

Friday 16th June – Al Bahathri

Coconut Creme (led), On Her Toes (Pat Cosgrave)(impressed) – 7f
- A nice piece of work and On Her Toes looked in very good form as she stretched 2L clear under a hand ride. She has been aimed at the Sandringham for sometime and should have a big chance, Coconut Creme who is entered in the Ribblesdale was just found out for speed.

Excellent Forum btw :)

Welcome Ubedizzy!

Reading the reports I'm not too disheartened. That was over 7 Furlongs.

Last edited:
They are actually backing the other Haggas horse in the race ridden by De Souza.

I wanted to be against Alluringly too but 4/1 as an each way bet was simply too good to pass up.

I'm sure I read somewhere that she wouldn't go for the Oaks if the ground didn't have dig in it. It was good at Chester and Epsom though so I've got my wires crossed somewhere. There's almost a three week gap between the Oaks and Ribblesdale this year which is longer than usual.

Santry was pulling clear after the line there. Shame the race wasn't 50/100 yards further.

I'm balls deep on Mori, this has been my banker of the meeting for some time. She's always worked like something special and her work lately has been out the top draw. She destroyed Queens Trust not long ago and her run yesterday only firmed up that she is banker material today. It's either lobster or lettuce, biggest bet I've had in a long long time.

Last edited:
Not impressed with Moore on Orderofthegarter there. A bit over-confident, giving Benbatl a start and first run.

Good race that. Winner did it well. Moore produced his with every chance. The 3rd is nice and when going up in trip.

Lettuce it is, but it felt cruel, one of those when you know you're gonna get to the leader, but you also know you're gonna get mugged.
She ran very well but just one too good. Not huge damage thanks to 1.42 to be in the first 4, but still a loss after some big win bets. It's a cruel game at times.

I should have swerved that race meself. Where is Fonz? Some money about for Afaak in the Britannia.

Back