Royal Ascot- Day 4

Guest_

At the Start
Better card than yesterday's.

Cuis Ghaire, an absolute good thing in the first today. Should be an odds on chance.

Hebridean has rock solid form credentials, especially compared to Conduit. The latter may find improvement, but Hebridean has already found it and is ahead of the curve.

I think he should be backed.

The Coronation Stakes is trappy as feck, but I will be having a few bob on Modern Look, purely as everyone else on here seems to like him.

Oxx's yolk in the 2miler looks like he could be anything, and he often wins well with types like this at Ascot (a Ribblesdale winner a few years ago had a similar profile).

I agree that the Galileo filly looks pretty hot in the Albany, and I would be interested to see what prices are available when I go downt' bookies on the way back from my coffee run.

Totally agree Gal.

2.30 – A decent fillies contest in which several come here fancied. Mick Channon’s have had a quiet week but Leicester winner Please Sing has impressed in recent work looking a talented sort. She is head and shoulders better than the other fillies in the yard and is expected to go well. However Jim Bolger has been talking that CUIS GHAIRE could be the next Finsceal Beo and its very hard not to have been impressed with the way she cruised to victory in a hotly contested group 3 last time. The yard are banging in the winners and confidence is very high behind this highly regarded filly. She will prove hard to beat.

4.20 – An open and tricky handicap. Halicarnassus has looked much improved in the visors at home and whilst his fomr isn’t anything to write home about this season the handicapper has taken a massive chance on a horse with solid group form. That said a safer bet looks Mutajarred whose work companions have performed very well this week with 2 races at Royal Ascot. He looked impressive enough stretching out on Tuesday morning and is considered well handicapped by his connections. He is a very smart type and expected to run a big race.

5.30 – Barry Hills has aimed Zaahid at this since winning the Victoria Cup but on a bigger scale its worth noting Kevin Ryan has targeted this race for Captain Jacksparra. 5th when not knocked about at Chester the horse worked very well on Wednesday morning showing connections he is ready to bounce back to form. He has solid each way claims here. Binanti & Jedburgh are two others who have impressed at home of late and looked well treated on old form. They also have cracking each way claims.

Goodwood

9.00 – Cosmopolitan has been working very well at home with some progressive sorts and despite running green she was able to get her head in front on debut. Since that run she has been working really well on the gallops and confidence is very high in the yard suggesting she will go close today.

Lucky 15, combined with adding Halicarnassus and in the 5.30 added all 4 together in combo doubles and trebs.

Best bet the Bolger certainty.

She looks like the proverbial good thing.

Agree it's a better card than yesterday.

Undecided between Bronze Cannon and Conduit, and Vortex at a price in the last.

Spacious looks most likely in the Coronation, but you do wonder about Muthabara now she's apparently in her coat, and over that minor knock. I guess it's a matter of guessing how much they both may or may not have affected her Guineas run. Spacious should improve and ground should suit.

Would anyone else agree Campanologist didn't appear to stay in the Lingfield Derby Trial?

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@Jun 20 2008, 09:27 AM
He looked to be toiling (or tolling) in the last furlong alright.
Is that the horse that made the running that day? I know Godolphin ran two in it, remember thinking the front runners action looks like a horse that wanted cut in the ground.

The Bolger filly has the best chance but I wouldn't be backing anything at that price at Ascot, let alone in a 2 year old fillies race. April Pride represents some value against her I think.

I'm very keen on the chances of Conduit, he destroyed the field at Epsom in a very very good time and connections wouldn't be bringing him here for nothing.

Not really had a good study of the other races as of yet.

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Jun 20 2008, 08:16 AM
11/8 with Betfred, and only 2.18 on betfair , fill the boots
Then get your account closed when the attention-seeking baldy twat marks your account as an arber.

The King Edward is similar to the Hampton Court yesterday in that here we have a very falsely priced Stoute horse who is begging to be taken on. I think the Gosden colt should be favourite for this and i`m punting him and covering on Hebridean who could be O`Brien`s best middle distance three year old - the very idea of which amuses me.

Originally posted by Euronymous@Jun 20 2008, 12:31 PM
The King Edward is similar to the Hampton Court yesterday in that here we have a very falsely priced Stoute horse who is begging to be taken on. I think the Gosden colt should be favourite for this and i`m punting him and covering on Hebridean who could be O`Brien`s best middle distance three year old - the very idea of which amuses me.
The fact that the horse has changed ownership will hopefully see that theory be tested against the best.

The King Edward looks a fairly solid renewal IMO, but I would be really interested in Dermot Weld's Winchester if there had been a bit of rain.

Really well thought of, should be suited by 12 furlongs, but didn't look comfortable on firm ground last time out at the Curragh.

Floods of money for her on Betfair and the price was meeting plenty of resistance before shortening. I think I'd waant to be on the side of the layers at anything below 1/1.

Got on her earlier this morning, just watch me impose the kiss of death on her. Everything I've backed to win has been second this week, and everything e.w. has been one outside the places!

She was an unbelievable price this morning....got slightly worried a couple of furlongs out but its clear 6f is the bare minimum.

Put her away for the Moyglare now and she'll ***** up.

Back