Royal Ascot- Day 4

Thought that 6 furlongs on fast ground might find her out today and it nearly did. To be honest I thought it was a very weak renewal and the winner is the only filly to take out of it.

Listened to that one - sounded like a typical Dettori riding them all to sleep performance. Go off fast, gradually ease off, set steady-ish pace, kick on from easy lead and win.

Meanwhile, the market leaders try to come from off the pace and wonder why he isn't coming back to them.

J Fortune worse than Spencer for holding a horse up off a slow pace, though horse not good enough.

impressive win there and I thought they went quick enough as well. Conduit needs a trip. Bronze Cannon looked outclassed to me and could never land a blow.

I really fancied Winchester and disappointed the way he flattened out.

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Jun 20 2008, 03:13 PM
Conduit needs a trip. Bronze Cannon looked outclassed to me and could never land a blow.

On a line through Dr Freemantle and Allesandro Volta he had the beating of the Godolphin animal.

Both Winchester and the gelding looked to be hating the ground. I would imagine that will be a re-occuring theme for plenty of them today & tomorrow.

I can`t help laughing at the Godolpin boys celebrating like they`ve won a classic. They`re like an Aston Villa getting a draw at Old Trafford.

Originally posted by Euronymous@Jun 20 2008, 02:17 PM
I can`t help laughing at the Godolpin boys celebrating like they`ve won a classic. They`re like an Aston Villa getting a draw at Old Trafford.
Or like the Chelsea fans just as John Terry made his approach to the penalty spot in the Champions League final :D :) :rolleyes: :what: :( :brows: :shy: :(

Think Halicarnassus and Saopy Danger are both a class above this field if they reproduce anything close to their best, and at the prices I am willing to see.

I'll need to check when I get home but I think I might have taken Supaseus on a 'best price guaranteed' basis (either that or I got something like 23 at Betfair). Given all the withdrawals, does betting at BPG mean you'd get the 12/1 less the late R4 if it works out better than the price taken less the accumulated R4s?

Originally posted by Desert Orchid@Jun 20 2008, 03:35 PM
I'll need to check when I get home but I think I might have taken Supaseus on a 'best price guaranteed' basis (either that or I got something like 23 at Betfair). Given all the withdrawals, does betting at BPG mean you'd get the 12/1 less the late R4 if it works out better than the price taken less the accumulated R4s?
I backed the horse at Betfair but the R4s totalled nearly 50%!!

I'm not a happy little bunny.

Back