Royal Ascot - Day 4

Guest_

At the Start
Any fancies? I am on Lillie Langtry all week and pretty confident about her chances today...expect her to come on bundles for her run in the Irish Guineas.

Looking at the Queens Vase, M Glinka will get the trip fine but I would be very worried about the ground and his attitude.

Bullet Train ran no race in the Derby at all, and because of that he probably didnt have a hard race. Looks the one I would want to be on in the King Edward.

2.30 Radharcnafarraige
3.05 Green Moon
3.50 Music Show
4.25 Albaqaa
5.00 Corsica
5.35 (From) Al Khaleej, Swift Gift, Dance And Dance, Hajoum, Webbow, Treadwell and Wigram's Turn.

I like queen Of Spain in the first, second to Meow over 5f then excuses over 6f in her second race 25/1 with S James seems fair.

Esoterica ran on well on The Knavesmire the extra furlong here is more suitable.

Gille Na Greine (translation anyone?) was on the favoured side at Newmarket and disapointed in the Irish Guineas but was ridden too aggressively I thought and is worth a small each way IMO along with Evading Tempette.

Yes I take your point but it was always going to be fast ground so presumably connections don't think it is a worry.

They did before the Newmarket 1000 Guineas - they stated she wanted a bit of an ease. The rains arrived and she got away with it at Newmarket. She has disappointed since on fast ground.

Private Story looks a big price in what looks a wide-open Queen's Vase. Far from certain to stay on pedigree, but has achieved more on form (albeit over significantly shorter) than plenty of those ahead of her in the market. If he gets the trip, he might just play a part.

Lillie Langtry may win but a shocking price.

No case whatsoever for her to be shorter than Anna Salai, who has beaten Rosanara with a very nice turn of foot, and would have won the Irish Guineas with any other jock on top.

The price assumes LL has already made the improvement on form to reach and go above Anna Salai, and that's a dangerous assumption; she has lost quite a few races already and has had numerous chances to show a high level of form but has yet to manage this.

Bay of Fires is interesting for a successful smaller yard who've been doing very well lately - massive price for the opener and an eyecatching jockey booking to boot.

Also, Electric feel is a crazy price at 66s (not sure what she is on the exchanges) - if you forgive her the newmarket run (beaten less than 5 lengths anyway by a horse who ran well Wednesday) in a muddling race, and look at her form towards the back end of last season - 2nd to Tabssum in the Oh so sharp stakes, and won a really nice listed race with Pipette, Snow Fairy and Jacqueline Guest in behind.

At first sight could look bet of the year after this.

Don't think Monterosso will stay (have been following him all year, lovely horse), think Green Moons (in addition to Monterosso) may lack that bit of class and don't like Bullet Train at all (I'd have had him 20s for the Derby). The other class horse is Buzzword, who may need a race without too much pace if he is to figure. Possible place bet.

Nice one Gal. Very nice run, would think she might get further too although there's so many options for the fillies now it doesn't really matter.

Back